A book that is like...

V

visitor

Does anyone know apart from Amazon’s “you might also like” is there somewhere where if I’ve enjoyed a book I might be able to search literally similar books, not you’ve enjoyed this horror can we recommend this chick flick? Is there an internet page or can we start something here? Example enjoyed a year or two ago Kate Mosse ‘taxidermists daughter’. Anything similar?

V

visitor

Does anyone know apart from Amazon’s “you might also like” is there somewhere where if I’ve enjoyed a book I might be able to search literally similar books, not you’ve enjoyed this horror can we recommend this chick flick? Is there an internet page or can we start something here? Example enjoyed a year or two ago Kate Mosse ‘taxidermists daughter’. Anything similar?
If you liked the taxidermy aspect, you could also try Mostly Dead Things y Kristen Arnett. It's set in America and begins with a woman who inherits her dad's taxidermy business. It's had good reviews, although I found the information a bit too much although the friend who loaned me the copy was fine with it.

I much preferred English Animals by Laura Kaye-about an Eastern European woman who gets a job in the English countryside with an eccentric couple that involves her in taxidermy. This one is in paperback too, unlike the first.

V

visitor

I think you can set the genre?
I tried that but I do fail at a lot of simple tasks! I got frustrated in the end as it was opposite to what I requested.
If you liked the taxidermy aspec
t, you could also try Mostly Dead Things y Kristen Arnett. It's set in America and begins with a woman who inherits her dad's taxidermy business. It's had good reviews, although I found the information a bit too much although the friend who loaned me the copy was fine with it.

I much preferred English Animals by Laura Kaye-about an Eastern European woman who gets a job in the English countryside with an eccentric couple that involves her in taxidermy. This one is in paperback too, unlike the first.
It was initially the book itself, I’ve enjoyed all Kate Mosse (until her recents unfortunately) but that is interesting as I did find myself more intrigued by the topic, so thank you for replying I will have a look!

Perhaps Goodreads?
Not heard of it but that’s why I posted so thank you I will get on it.

V

visitor

I am currently trying to read my way through my own bookshelves, then all the books on my Kobo...it will be a while before I get to try out those links, but I hope they help!