Any advice on finding a work from home job?

Clare

No we couldn't afford for me to stay home and not work. Hence why I'd like a job from home. I've told him he can do courses etc. He gets bored of jobs easily. He likes it for the first year or so then seems to want to move onto something else. He wanted progression but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. He said he wants a job in IT. So if he wants it I don't know what is stopping him. He spends his spare time when he's not working playing on the Xbox, which seems more of a priority. I don't know, I think we're stuck in a rut in this house and we're not really helping each other get out of it šŸ¤·

Bellarosa

I think itā€™s difficult to think clearly at the moment with the pandemic leaving everything up in the air, but as @lifestooshort123 said, she does not have to start school until she is 5 and things will be very different by then. I was a single parent with my first two, although I was lucky in that my ex DH was very supportive of his kids, but I had a term time job so that I could be here for them after school and during the holidays.
I do think you need to get some support to help you with your anxiety if you really want to do the best for your daughter. You say you feel she is ā€œsaferā€ with you. Safer from what? The vast majority of children go to school and participate in the outside world and are quite safe. Without wanting to be harsh, what is different for your daughter?
Having just seen your latest post, I agree that you may well be stuck in a rut as you say. This is obviously a very difficult time to be trying to get out of it. But things will get better. You are absolutely doing the right thing by thinking ahead and looking forward. Try and be open to all possibilities. Life is always unpredictable, but this is nothing to be afraid of.

Clare

Ok maybe "safer" wasn't the right word. I don't know, I'm not always good at expressing what I mean. It's not like I think she'd be in danger.. but at the same time I don't like the idea of kids all mixing and spreading the virus between each other. Especially as she can't see family but it'd be ok to mix with others? I don't really know what the rules are anymore tbf. No one really knows enough about it and my reassurance is that she is in the best hands when she is with me.
You say it's nothing to be afraid of but I seem to be afraid of alot of things.

DooLittle

Ok maybe "safer" wasn't the right word. I don't know, I'm not always good at expressing what I mean. It's not like I think she'd be in danger.. but at the same time I don't like the idea of kids all mixing and spreading the virus between each other. Especially as she can't see family but it'd be ok to mix with others? I don't really know what the rules are anymore tbf. No one really knows enough about it and my reassurance is that she is in the best hands when she is with me.
You say it's nothing to be afraid of but I seem to be afraid of alot of things.
covid Aside, mixing and sharing of bugs is the only way to develop her immune system. If you are homeschooling she still needs to mix with people.
there are lots of homeschooling ideas, start to do things, itā€™s all just play at her age, but she could draw shapes in shaving foam etc.
see how much you enjoy it

Clare

I understand that, I don't want to just keep her away from people all together. I'd like her to be able to socialize of course. And I do shapes and such with her, for a two year old she's pretty bright (in my obviously biased opinion). She's a great talked, knows her colours and shapes and knows numbers 1-20, and quite a few letters too. I'm not saying it'll be easy šŸ˜… but I'm proud of how well she picks things up. I know I don't have to think about schooling until she's 5. A little before then tbf as she was born in December. But I just wanted to talk about it and get an idea from someone who might actually have experience of homeschooling because I've only really known opinions of people that send their kids to school. Like my sister. But she has 3 children, a husband, a dog and is an NHS worker and doesn't have mental health issues, so it is what works for her.

DooLittle

But she has 3 children, a husband, a dog and is an NHS worker and doesn't have mental health issues, so it is what works for her.
It should be what works best for your family and most importantly what is best for your child. The parents mental health or if they have a dog really shouldnā€™t factor in the decision. It should be what is best for the child. If that is homeschooling great, but it should be for the childā€™s sake not the parents sake.

that said, my experience of homeschooling is the pandemic, but there are lots of Facebook groups that would be able to give you advice and reassurance.

back to the original of working from home and homeschooling they might have ideas on what works for them too as there will be other parents in your situation xx

Clare

Everything factors into decisions. My point was that she's got alot going on anyway, alot of responsibilities. The fact is, mental health does factor into decisions, especially when it's a constant struggle. I'd love to feel "normal" and not question every single little thing. I don't know how to explain myself or how it feels so I don't know if I'm coming across in these messages how I should be. Thanks for the replies anyway. I'll work something out I'm sure.

I guess I was mentioning those things to give abit of understanding on different situations and how there may be factors that influence decisions? šŸ¤·