Are Ryanair a bunch of <insert expletives>

Fin

I've never flown with them. It appears they have started flying from my local airport and out of interest I priced flights, they were expensive. One of the reasons I wouldn't fly with them is that they pull routes at the drop of a hat. I know a few people that were stung last year.

Seeitnowsorted

Aren’t they the ones that keep adding extra bits to charge for? And they appear to have quite a few articles showing not great customer service when it comes to disabled passengers. Let’s just say the genre of song for Fascinating Aida cheap flights song didn’t surprise me....

CharlieAlphaWhiskey

I don't think they're the best airline. Their customer service is pretty rubbish. If I was travelling to Ireland I'd preference Aer Lingus over Ryanair. If it was elsewhere in Europe from UK I'd try and fly Easyjet if I wanted a LCC.

Hotsoapywater

I haven't used RYANAIR for over a decade. Nor will I. They charged me over €450 for excess luggage.

Their customer service was terrible and while it is not their fault, I do hold the bosses responsible for the horrors of this company.

It has nothing to do with passengers or being a snob, it has everything to do with how they treat their staff and their customers.

Socks

I'm going to abstain from the vote.
I've luckily never had first hand shitty experience - they've always provided what was required for me a seat in the sky. I've only had luggage a handful of times but its always got to the destination never had a problem with the service either.
However....
I've seen others have problems, and when there's problems it seems to be poor at sorting it out.
Unfortunately they do seem to provide the routes that work for me, and from airports I can easily fly from which is a pity there's not many more options. I flew chezk Airlines the other year, that made RA seem like harrods.

Villanelle

I'm the same as Socks, I've flown with them quite a few times & never experienced a problem though I've never had the need to attempt to deal with their customer service...

OP
OP
S

Speluncean exploring

The irony is I a,ways thought they were fine.

not now. It’s a £20 flight. It’s buttons. I know. But it just leaves a bad taste that the website is saying you can change but buried interms and conditions is only one leg of the flight. Which is useless.

Fin

When I priced a flight on their website I didn't like the fact that when you want to add baggage it applies to both travellers, there is no option to add bags for just one person. It equates to 90 quid, no chance.

RomaniEuntDomus

My instant response to the title was, does a bear shit in the woods? And when can we remove the Michael from Ryanair because he's been doing it to the passengers for years...

MistressOfRestraint

I’m another one who uses RA a lot. I find their service fine, but I pay little and my expectations are low. if you need to book particular dates a long way in advance, want to take luggage and sit with your flying companions, expect to get fleeced. I do none of these.

Also if you need to cancel a flight, you might as well write it off.