Audible.

V

visitor

I like creepy, scare the pants off you kind of books.
Massive Stephen King fan.
But id like to know if there is anything on audible that I can listen to at bedtime, that will make me not want to come out from under the covers. Something that will make me think the clothes piled in the corner is a monster and is after me.
I'm struggling to focus on reading actual books at the minute, but audiobooks seem to be working alright.

V

visitor

I was listening to an Agatha Raisin I got on the daily deal for a couple of quid last night.
Narrated by Penelope Keith - it was lovely!

V

visitor

Lovely as in, the dreaded dribble of pee lovely?

You know the one. When you're far too scared to venture from under the covers, resulting in a cross legged dash to loo trip, while attempting to avoid the shadow monsters.

If so, I may be tempted.

V

visitor

Sorry - lovely as in PKs voice plus a cosy mystery was very soothing!
I’ve just started Murderabilia, a free podcast on Audible, which is about people who collect things from mass murderers, like Charles Manson.

Now that is proper creepy and not something I’ll be listening to in the dark.

V

visitor

Sorry - lovely as in PKs voice plus a cosy mystery was very soothing!
I’ve just started Murderabilia, a free podcast on Audible, which is about people who collect things from mass murderers, like Charles Manson.

Now that is proper creepy and not something I’ll be listening to in the dark.

Ooh I think I may give that a go! God knows why cos I'm a wuss. ?

V

visitor

I just went on Amazon to look at their Audible collection and noticed that although there was a category for Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers, there wasn't a Horror category. Maybe no-one likes to read the horror stories ?

V

visitor

I've noticed that too. I am then reluctant to waste a credit on a book, to avoid disappointment at the lack of scare factor.

V

visitor

You can swap the book on Audible, even if you're quite a way through. I think it only becomes a problem if you do it too frequently.

V

visitor

Some of their free stuff is good, real crime. One is called call me god about the golden gate killer.

V

visitor

The Rats by James Herbert.

I remember it scared me silly and I haven't even opened the book since then. I can't imagine what an audio version would be like! o_O