BBC History VIRTUAL Medieval Life & Death Festival

V

visitor

I thought I’d share this in Books and Reading for any passing fellow history buffs! ?

BBC History Extra is running a virtual festival next week instead of the events that would have been taking place in London and York. They’re releasing a lecture with a different speaker each day at 1pm. It‘s free to watch although you do need to register - link and info below!

Medieval Life and Death Festival Timetable
Mon 18 May Hannah Skoda: Medieval Crime and violence

Tues 19 May Chris Woolgar: Medieval Food

Weds 20 May Emma Wells: Medieval Religion

Thurs 21 May Elmer Brenner: Medieval Medicine and wellbeing

Fri 22 May Sally Dixon-Smith: Medieval love and marriage

A video will be released daily at 1pm (GMT), but don't worry if you miss the first broadcast as they'll be available online all week.

V

visitor

I thought I’d share this in Books and Reading for any passing fellow history buffs! ?

BBC History Extra is running a virtual festival next week instead of the events that would have been taking place in London and York. They’re releasing a lecture with a different speaker each day at 1pm. It‘s free to watch although you do need to register - link and info below!

Medieval Life and Death Festival Timetable
Mon 18 May Hannah Skoda: Medieval Crime and violence

Tues 19 May Chris Woolgar: Medieval Food

Weds 20 May Emma Wells: Medieval Religion

Thurs 21 May Elmer Brenner: Medieval Medicine and wellbeing

Fri 22 May Sally Dixon-Smith: Medieval love and marriage

A video will be released daily at 1pm (GMT), but don't worry if you miss the first broadcast as they'll be available online all week.
Thank you. My stepson would love Mondays lecture. I forwarded the link to him.

V

visitor

Thank you! I have registered with them, hopefully the lectures will be available as podcasts, I love a bit of medieval history ?