BLM Protests - London

OP
OP
H

Hotsoapywater

I'm on BBC News channel. But I think Evening Standard are doing a live feed.

Live feed link.

Millie

Hmm, yeah, they have every right to protest, but social distancing has gone right out of the window eh??? Same in NZ, USA, and other places across the world.

The worrying thing also, is that BAME people have been contracting Covid19 much more than white people. So surely they should be staying safe, not mixing in their thousands, only several inches apart! :oops:

OP
OP
H

Hotsoapywater

Hmm, yeah, they have every right to protest, but social distancing has gone right out of the window eh??? Same in NZ, USA, and other places across the world.

The worrying thing also, is that BAME people have been contracting Covid19 much more than white people. So surely they should be staying safe, not mixing in their thousands, only several inches apart! :oops:
It is almost as though the movement is trying to prove a point that white populations kill them more than the virus.

There is no way that social distancing can be ongoing or that the police can act now. The most that can be done is to keep it as peaceful as possible.

Cinders

They are probably young and robust BME protestors, if they get the virus it may be without symptoms or mild. But who will they pass it onto at home - mums, dads, grandparents, who will probably not be quite so robust. Presumably they have processed all this in advance and have decided that their struggle, which seems to be urgent suddenly, is more important than not spreading a virus which may kill their loved ones.

I just see a lot of selfish bastards. The urgency to protest is fake. We are in the strangest period of time, job losses, lives lost on a global scale, but we have all got to focus now, at this time, on their struggle rather than something that affects everybody. Selfish. Nobody is saying do not protest, just not en masse right now. If there another wave, what then? It will make racism worse. The government are putting ads on about the tracking app, but that would be useless here. The government are useless full stop. They definitely should not have allowed this mass gathering at this time.

Badbilly

What I really can’t understand is who are they protesting against? Is the protest aimed at the American Embassy? I only ask because it’s moved recently and is no longer in central London. If not, then who is their target?

Badbilly

I'm not entirely sure either, Billy. Home Office and tomorrows is set for outside the US Embassy.
So, except for the US Embassy (which I had to google - is now in Wandsworth) I’m not sure why they are attacking and putting graffiti on the Home Office and Foreign Office.

To be honest, I’m just a bit pissed off with them now. I doubt that was their intention, but like most movements that start off as a noble cause, they soon get hijacked by political agitators.