Can we have a small Christmas forum please?

1eyedcoot

I'm bored and need ideas as I'm not convinced there won't be a second lockdown over Christmas, or serious restrictions...so want to get a head start now if I can.

Socks

I would really like this, I am browsing websites at the moment thinking about starting Christmas shopping whilst there is some bargains to be had/I dont know where I will be job wise at Christmas be nice to be able to chat to others doing the same.

Countryfile123

Apparently, when the shops re-open, there’s going to be some good sales, as shops has stock they’ve been sitting on, and not been able to sell.

OP
OP
1eyedcoot

1eyedcoot

Apparently, when the shops re-open, there’s going to be some good sales, as shops has stock they’ve been sitting on, and not been able to sell.
I've heard this too. If we have a forum where we can link to these sales it will be brilliant.
I've got a large family so need to start planning. (Buffet style this year and the kids are older and can come and go as they please to various houses)

Otters Rule

I got 'thread' and 'forum' mixed up... . But I'd still like to chat about Christmas on and off because I've never been 'ready' for Christmas, and it's not like the date changes every year. :)

Sukysue

Am looking forward to going to Clarks, Matalan and Costco very much. Marks & Spencer & Primark & John Lewis. Edinburgh Woollen mill & TKMax of course , have l missed any lol

OP
OP
1eyedcoot

1eyedcoot

Am looking forward to going to Clarks, Matalan and Costco very much. Marks & Spencer & Primark & John Lewis. Edinburgh Woollen mill & TKMax of course , have l missed any lol
House of Fraser?
Debenhams?

and you HAVE to have a smug coffee/lunch in somewhere expensive once it's all finished and you are ready. So you sit there with a smug look on your face, knowing you can enjoy the rest of the season while watching everyone else run around getting stressed out.

I think this year I'm going to have a smug hot chocolate and cake at Godivas cafe. I may have to remortgage for that though.

Otters Rule

I will be okay for Christmas crackers. I conclude I must actuslly be crackers because I buy a box of them every year, along with matching serviettes and one or two of those heavy duty paper tablecloths.

Of course I haven't hosted any of the imagined festive meals since I've moved here but I reckon I could easily cover all the tables at a small community centre Christmas 'Luncheon for the l
Lonely', virus allowing...🙂