Cheap/free kindle books!

V

visitor

I’m sure I’m not the only one who reads a load of tosh...

Join me for a cheap/free reading thread. No judgement here! I’ve just finished a Regency trilogy, The Fairfax Twins. Book 1 was free, then 99p each for the sequels. Typical of the genre and I’m not complaining!

V

visitor

Oh god no, I never read anything high brow. I prefer brain fluff these days, easy to digest. I read mainly psychological thrillers

I've just finished:

His & Hers - Alice Feeny 99p
The Other You - JS Munroe- 99p at the time

V

visitor

I have read a lot of free books on the kindle. It would be lovely to expand my library of shite, so shall be keeping an eye on here.

I will also contribute a few, but I need to browse through the archives before I do.

V

visitor

I read complete and utter rubbish! Definitely following this for some suggestions!

V

visitor

breaking the spirit of my own thread so soon, I must recommend the Val McDermid ‘How the Dead Speak’. It’s a Tony Hill one I picked up at a book swap. Really good.

What genre do you all read? Vast majority of psychological thrillers for me but also enjoy true crime
I can’t actually read too much murder mystery stuff- I get depressed inhabiting a world where everyone has motive to murder... I do enjoy them though. Just nicely diluted with some regency romance.

I avoid anything spy/war based. Not keen on ‘growing up poor in Liverpool’ types.
Love a good historical novel, and a bit of fantasy.

V

visitor

So I’ve just finished Blood and Snow by RaShelle Workman. It is a current kindle freebie. It’s a bit YA- teen heroine, kissed for the first time, boy worries etc. With vampires, fairy tales and magic thrown in.

It doesn’t get far enough to be a satisfying read on its own, IMO.

The other 9 books are mainly 80p each, or occasionally £2.50.
they are all free on kindle umlimited.

V

visitor

I got 12 books the other day for 99p - it is crime genre which I like, so I thought if they're rubbish I don't have to read them, it was worth 99p for a punt

I use the kindle lending library too and also I get a free book each month (it was two this month) with amazon prime - I've learned to wait until the middle of the month before I choose and read the reviews. Occasionally you get a dud but if it's free, it's the chance you take

V

visitor

I love a pile o shite read. I’m lurking ?

Does anyone use overdrive and the free books off the library?

V

visitor

I can’t stand anything “magic”, no goblins, vampires or space ships for me. I do like a psychological thriller though. I made the mistake of clicking some of the “now you’ve read that you might like this“ suggestions after reading a stalker type mystery and found myself with an utterly depressing collection of books on the general theme of domestic abuse. I won’t make that mistake again.

V

visitor

I love a pile o shite read. I’m lurking ?

Does anyone use overdrive and the free books off the library?
I’ve not tried either- I use the amazon Top free 100 As a library! I’d have to remember my logon details for the library. Perhaps I’ll put that on my July to do list!

I can’t stand anything “magic”, no goblins, vampires or space ships for me. I do like a psychological thriller though. I made the mistake of clicking some of the “now you’ve read that you might like this“ suggestions after reading a stalker type mystery and found myself with an utterly depressing collection of books on the general theme of domestic abuse. I won’t make that mistake again.
Just to clarify, my sad face was about the DV books, not the dislike of magic. You’re allowed to dislike magic ?

V

visitor

I got 12 books the other day for 99p - it is crime genre which I like, so I thought if they're rubbish I don't have to read them, it was worth 99p for a punt

I use the kindle lending library too and also I get a free book each month (it was two this month) with amazon prime - I've learned to wait until the middle of the month before I choose and read the reviews. Occasionally you get a dud but if it's free, it's the chance you take
Is the free book each month with standard prime? I can access all the Prime reading books but have never heard of this

V

visitor

I loaded mine up with free or cheap books
I am currently reading a Jeffrey Archer which I read when I was a teen.

V

visitor

I'm currently subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. It's fab. So many odd stories; and some interesting writing! I read about a book per day (more on holiday) so it's ideal for me, but not cheap.

V

visitor

I'm subscribed to Kindle Unlimited too. I got 3 months free through Booking.com then three months free from Amazon and when I cancelled that I got three months for 99p. Figured I better start paying for now.