Check. Change. Go.

Otters Rule

Check. Change. Go.

I don't know what to think when I see this government advert for a post-Brexit Britain. It all seems a bit 'hopeful' in light of the chaos caused by the virus, which it ignores (unless I've missed something).

The music and the tone of the words are irritating to my ear, and it has a quiet touch of the 'full steam ahead' about it.

I suppose they are obliged to highlight the fact we're out. Not sure this hits the right note though if they want us to focus on something other than the virus and recession.

Maybe I've just got a jaundiced view on things.

Fin

I havent seen the advert anywhere but we really haven't had the TV much at all for weeks. I had to look it up!

CharlieAlphaWhiskey

It's ridiculous isn't it. Brexit was on our screens every day on every news programme and we were sick to the back teeth of the sound of it. Then Coronavirus hit and all of a sudden it didn't get a mention and has been practically forgotten about. I used to mutter that I was fed up with it and couldn't wait for it to be not newsworthy any more. I guess as they say, be careful what you wish for!

Hotsoapywater

Hurrah - BREXIT.

I was thinking about this, Otters when I saw the advert. It was as though it was looking at a different world.

Managed to get my settled status sorted too. After 32 years of living here.

I think the UK won't be the first. Others will follow.

Hotsoapywater

Having just looked over the website, the list is quite extensive. Takes 4 months to prep to take a pet abroad. Cars registered in UK have to have a GB sticker on - roaming may be introduced by mobile providers.

IdleWorm

Having just looked over the website, the list is quite extensive. Takes 4 months to prep to take a pet abroad. Cars registered in UK have to have a GB sticker on - roaming may be introduced by mobile providers.
I’ve never had the slightest intention of taking my car abroad, but it’s had a GB sticker for the past few years, with a nice union flag on a blue background circled by yellow stars.

Moogle

roaming may be introduced by mobile providers.
Just another way for them to fleece more money out of us. Up until recently when I changed tariffs on my pay and go phone, calls cost me 50p a minute, or something absolutely ludicrously expensive. Same with picture texts.

Now for a tenner a month I get minutes, 6gb data and unlimited texts, still on pay as you go.

Hotsoapywater

Just another way for them to fleece more money out of us. Up until recently when I changed tariffs on my pay and go phone, calls cost me 50p a minute, or something absolutely ludicrously expensive. Same with picture texts.

Now for a tenner a month I get minutes, 6gb data and unlimited texts, still on pay as you go.
50p a minute. Fucking hell, Moogle. That's outrageous.