Companies to boycott due to TRA nonsense.

Otters Rule

It is beyond infuriating that we just get ignored or denounced and they only even look at the issue when they are shamed by someone with power.

But I will try very hard to consider the long game and end result. I hope this is the first of many dominoes to fall, as you say.

I bet these three (at minimum) are in for an uncomfortable few days....
It's difficult to be sure from the photos but I don't think there's much diversity going on there...

Koala

Asda has apologised
Just following on from this....

So a matter of days ago, Asda were (implicitly) saying the packs were fine, despite hundreds, if not thousands, of concerned parents pointing out the huge issues: "When asked about the incident Asda was keen to stress that it has a partnership with the charity which produced the materials, the chain was not directly responsible for the content of the pack."

But as soon as Baroness Nicholson publicly gets onto them, they immediately revoke them and cry about being conned?

What about the £100,000 Asda gave DRM? Will they be asking for that back? Surely these 'workshops' are untenable now, as is the relationship?

Not to mention the fact that Asda have stated that 20% of sales of a special range of clothing will go to DRM too.

Can anyone on twitter alert the Baroness to this - Transgender Trend would be an excellent alternative recipient for the endorsement and financial support. That is, assuming Asda REALLY, GENUINELY want to support gender non-conforming children and not just (literally) pay bandwagonning lip service to the issue...

LilyLangtry

Can anyone on twitter alert the Baroness to this
I’m not on Twitter sadly, Koala, but it’s an excellent point and I know someone who is.

If I had to make another wild, wild guess, I’d say Asda is more glued to the spectacle of a seat on the fabulous glitter wagon than it is to the thought of putting children’s safety and well-being first. At some point in the future, a more savvy CEO is going to have to distance Asda from all of this.

That really is one of the problems of the digital age, isn’t it? Mass communication is instant, digital history is forever, and there’s no means of controlling public image and limiting the damage when you’ve dropped the most enormous, erm, ball.

Koala

Well, I was going by the photos, what I could see of them.
Tsk. You should know that physical appearance is absolutely no indicator of sex, race, age, height, weight, eye colour, hair colour or anything these days.

I mean, I am obviously a 5'9 raven-haired goddess with legs that go on forever, but I forgive you for not quite seeing that from my photo. Just do better next time, ok?

Otters Rule

Tsk. You should know that physical appearance is absolutely no indicator of sex, race, age, height, weight, eye colour, hair colour or anything these days.

I mean, I am obviously a 5'9 raven-haired goddess with legs that go on forever, but I forgive you for not quite seeing that from my photo. Just do better next time, ok?
I'm really sorry- I've just realised I read your post the wrong way... Could you tell? 😆