Could spraying hypochlorous acid help?

1eyedcoot

It's effectively bleach once mixed with water.

I've seen only 1 advert which states that bleach kills C-19. It's not aired very often either.

Reinette Pompador

Wouldn't it rot your clothes? I can imagine by the time I've been in a dozen or so shops and they've all sprayed me as I enter/exit I will be drenched, smell very odd and after a few weeks my clothes would rot. Or do they mean a person walking the streets at night to spray everywhere and kill anything of ecological importance, so plants, bugs, birds etc This sort of thing is not ideal, we will have a generation with zero immunity that means getting any cold/illness will be life threatening or a lifetime of allergies. Its insanity that's been rephrased to sound 'of scientific importance'.

I've had my say, I'll get my coat.....

Wotcheroo

sodium hypochlorite is bleach. End of. I don't know what % is needed to kill viruses but not bleach your clothes etc.
Fyi the thin bleach from Tesco etc is 1g per litre of water. And that stinks of bleach for sure.

Eliza

They sprayed the streets here in my town in Spain. I don't know if they did everywhere. I don't know what they used either but I doubt it made any difference.

1eyedcoot

If they start up with this lark together with the gloves, masks, antibacterial gel, not going out....our immune systems are going to be shockingly useless if we're not careful.

There will be a law for us all to lick the pavements or eat mud to build immunity back up to previous levels sometime in the future. ;)

Fin

They sprayed the streets here in my town in Spain. I don't know if they did everywhere. I don't know what they used either but I doubt it made any difference.
There's certainly no point in spraying anything outdoor where we live, it would instantly get washed away due to the amount of rain we get. We had flooding on Saturday due to the insane rain then on Sunday it was glorious sunny hot weather. Very unpredictable.