Favourite book from your childhood

V

visitor

Mine was The Bad Tempered Ladybird.
I read it and had it read to me several times a day ? I tried to read it to my niece about a year ago and she was bored and didn’t listen - I was quite offended lol.

When older, I used to read Enid Blyton, also, the babysitters club (lol), the Point Horror series (some of which I found really scary) Jacqueline Wilson and Roald Dahl.

V

visitor

A battered copy of Heidi that I used to read at my Grosvati's house. I must have read it a million times but can't remember any of it now

V

visitor

I remember loving The Snow Spider and The Nancy Drew Files in Primary school.

V

visitor

I loved Jacqueline Wilson, Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton and the Fiend books by Shelia Lavelle. I also loved the Point Horror series too. I still have some of my favourites and bought some for my Kindle. ?

V

visitor

Yes, mainly Enid Blyton for me as well.

Especially, The Famous Five, Malory Towers and The Adventures of Pip.

I also loved all the Just William books by Richmal Crompton and Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden.

I was so happy when I could force feed the kids these when they were growing up. ?

V

visitor

Oh God, I must be so much older than all of you ??

The most memorable books from my childhood were
  • Little Women (and all the subsequent books)
  • Jane Eyre
  • Heidi
  • Alice in Wonderland

V

visitor

I loved a book called the Patchwork Cat but no one else ever seems to have heard about it. It was about a tabby cat and her beloved blanket.

The Wishing Chair and the Malory Towers books were also ones I read over and over again.

V

visitor

Think I’m older than most of you!
I loved Milly Molly Mandy books. Also Enid Blyton’s Naughty Amelia Jane and then Mallory Towers when I was a little older.
Then as a young teenager Judy Blume was great.