Favourite book from your childhood

V

visitor

We read Children of the Dust at school about the aftermath of a nuclear war written by a 13 year old. I loved it. I bought it for my son but he didn't even open the cover!! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Dust_(Lawrence_novel)

Also a book called Remember Me by Christopher Pike https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/7148787-remember-me also bought for my children who disregarded it.

The Faraway Tree books
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
Mallory Towers and St Clares
Heidi
The Molesworth books
I loved the Enid Blyton books. Might even re read them.

V

visitor

Jill's Gymkhana, Black Beauty, My Friend Flicka, Misty of Chincoteague. I was rather horsey in those days :)

V

visitor

I've re read most of the Enid Blyton books with my two boys. I loved Mallory towers too.
Anyone remember the Garden Gang? 51diJW32TML._AC_SY400_.jpg

V

visitor

I've re read most of the Enid Blyton books with my two boys. I loved Mallory towers too.
Anyone remember the Garden Gang? View attachment 383
Yes I remember these! They were written and illustrated by a young girl if I remember right.

I loved the Puddle Lane books when I first learned to read (they used to show them on the TV at lunchtime.

I also loved Enid Blyton. The Ring O'Bells Mystery was my absolute favourite.

V

visitor

V

visitor

Not had time to RTFT, but the Silver Brumby books anyone? wild horses in Australia. Must also agree with PP who mentioned Misty of Chincoteague and My Freind Flicka (also horse mad child)

V

visitor

The Farthest Away Mountain
Gobbolino the Witch's Cat
The Magic Faraway Tree books
The Mrs Pepperpot books
The Narnia books
The Moomin books

V

visitor

A Christmas Carol - still have the same copy forty years on. I won it in a handwriting competition! I bought myself a very posh copy for my 40th birthday after my toddler wrote on my original book with crayons :cry:.

V

visitor

I was on holiday in the USA and stayed in chincoteague! The book about Misty was on sale in every single shop in the town, the wild ponies are lovely, they swim them across the channel every year for vet checks.
Sorry, derailing the thread.
My favourite books were also Enid Blyton and just about any horsey books.

V

visitor

Laura Ingalls' Little House books.
Loved them, but I don't have copies anymore. I must get hold of them for my daughter.

V

visitor

Just found this, basically Enid Blyton, Secret Seven, Famous Five, Shadow the Sheepdog, St Clares and Malory Towers (my friend and I went to a musical based on Malory Towers last year - it was fab),

V

visitor

What about storyteller? The ice Queen made me want to call a future boy kye ?

V

visitor

Watership down ? what kind of psycho ARE you!

LOL I know. I was a wee weirdo as a kid...I read Geralds Game when I was about 12 too (Stephen King) - I was sort of book mad. Apparently Richard Adams' The Plague Dogs is just a grim!!

V

visitor

Never read the book but I am still scarred from the animated film of my childhood
Yep. That's one film that I don't need to watch again. I watched the remake of IT, and I'll probably watch the remake of candyman -both films I never watched again- but I don't need to watch watership down again. No thank you.