How very unothersite of me.

Socks

My husband is in my phone as Hubster, I don't know why I picked it I randomly changed it the day after our wedding.

I consider a toast meal a meal quite regular and if my HUBSTER didn't get bored with food quite often I would do it a lot more.

Oh and I wash his clothes with mine.

Amongst others.

What do you do that's very unothersite?

NotSorry

I cook my husband's dinner

I do all the washing (in together)

I do all the tidying up and the decluttering

My husband never ever came to a parent/teacher school meeting as he was at work

He didn't come to any school plays etc. if they were during the day

The only first day he took any of my (four) children to school (when they started reception) was when I'd just had an op for cancer treatment and couldn't go

I'm sure I could find many more (btw he's not lazy, we work as a team and he does plenty)

Whisper

When he‘s had a bad day and gets cross and maybe says a hurtful thing I dont automatically assume he’s abusive and want to LTB . I want to know why he’s feeling bad and see what I can do to help. He does the same for me. Married over 20 years.

I have toilet brushes too

Camille Bordey

More of a he should do his own washing thing
Bloody hell. All of our washing goes into the laundry basket and whichever one of us is passing it when it's full puts on a wash.

I have toilet brushes (three; one for each loo) and bins upstairs. I iron regularly. I have fitted carpets
Same here. One in the downstairs toilet, on in the main bathroom upstairs and one in the en-suite.

IdleWorm

My husband always drives when we go out. Apparently, that is wrong and he is a control freak
Mine used to when he had his own car, because he is a terrible backseat driver and when I drive him I end up wanting to kill him. He recently gave up his car because it wasn’t worth keeping the lease on for the amount he was driving in lockdown. It remains to be seen whether we’ll survive...

Hotsoapywater

So does mine, but it's because he doesn't drink so is always the designated driver.
Same here. It means wherever we go, I can have a glass of wine. Fucking works for me.

He also does:

The bins and cleans them
Fuels my car
Checks my oil
Puts air in the tyres
Defrosts the freezer
Polishes my shoes.

The control freak that he is

In return, I:

Cut his hair

Hotsoapywater

I get on really well with not only my current MIL and SILs, but with exDH's parents too (the outlaws).
There is clearly something wrong with you, Hawthorn. It is not possible.

Mine used to when he had his own car, because he is a terrible backseat driver and when I drive him I end up wanting to kill him. He recently gave up his car because it wasn’t worth keeping the lease on for the amount he was driving in lockdown. It remains to be seen whether we’ll survive...
Oh dear, Idle. I think we would have to part company if we had to share a car. Makes sense though, why you chose to give up the lease.

Last edited:

Hotsoapywater

I haven't seen any of them for months, which helps 😂
I knew it. I loved my MIL. She was so good to me when I moved here 30 years ago. She would teach me local dialect and after giving me black pudding, which I pushed around my plate wondering what the duck it was, she laughed her head off.

Adored her. As did my mother when she used to come stay for three months at a time when my children were little. The two mothers got on so well.

Camille Bordey

My FIL (who sadly passed away a couple of years ago) was an amazing man, an absolute gent,

I wouldn't spit on the rest of them if they were on fire and the feeling is mutual. I've put up with some shit and abuse from his family over the years :mad: His mother's birthday is next month. There are plans to have some sort of family gathering in her house. I've told my husband I won't be going.

OP
OP
S

Socks

My husband does 99% of the driving, he gets bored being driven I don't really love driving and it works for us he even drives my car... Smelling salts.
@Camille Bordey got to ask, is your icon a picture of yourself? If so you are so pretty!