How very unothersite of me.

LilyThePink

Was it planned this way?
No, I had got to the hospital for a routine check up and it was snowing heavily so they decided to keep me in and induce the next day.

Parents in law came to get a house key as they were going to have my son.

I told my husband I was in labour- he went to a get a nurse who refused to come as that wasn't possible.

About an hour later parents in law arrived and I said- I am pretty sure I am having a baby, husband ran to get a nurse, baby arrived 10 minutes later- they were both still there- it was a massive room- I was basically in a side ward alone. My mother was there as well- she had arrived with my overnight bags and my husband. Party time.

Apparently my father in law wasn't there at the birth of any of his 5 children. It was a new experience for him.

Last edited:

Penguin

These are so funny... so basically you/we are all normal-ish? Mr P does the cooking because he likes it. I do the washing/bins etc, not because I like it but because it needs doing. Mr P is on call for all sorts of expert advice on stuff like how to decorate (youngest Penguin currently under contract to do spare room), advice on car insurance, random shit etc. I do the basically unglamorous stuff, but who cares?!

LilyThePink

I don't do any washing
I don't really have any clothes that wash- I dry clean almost everything except underwear and sleepwear.

I have not ironed anything for at least 10 years- I am not sure if we have an iron- we have an ironing board- it is in the laundry room (aka my husbands domain) I have seen it through the door (I don't go in)

Fin

My daughter has a personalised plate, we bought it 21 years ago because It was her actual name (she was only a tiddler at the time). I had it on my car for a while then put it on retention for her until she learned to drive and got her own car. She owns it now.

FurloughednFucked

I have found my people!
*Tinkly laugh*
🙈

Here goes please don't kick me off here 🙏

I live in social housing.

I have not one dog but two, they bark now and again and yes, I carry "little bags of shit" with me on dog walks.

I work in a low income job that doesn't require any qualifications or experience on entry, experience and some vocational training required for my level though.

I am a single mum who bred with a dead beat and didn't have the foresight to know it would happen. Haven't had any more than one though so maybe a few points pulled back there?

I was with deadbeat when I gave birth and his mum was outside the room, and her and her husband were the first to hold my baby after me, him and my mum (and technically the midwife I guess)

I can't drive which is probably a good thing as 4 failed tests ain't a coincidence and now and again I accept lifts that are offered. I don't ask for them or assume, but if offered and they're going the same way as me I'll accept. Most of the time I bus/walk. Have managed to hold down quite a few ft jobs and bring up a child, while living semi rurally (by which I mean by London standards the transport is a bit shit)

I have a constant war with my washing/the weather. When it goes out it stays out until it's dry. I have no care for how long it takes. The only exception is when I need something that's out there.

I own a toilet brush.

I work in hospitality and stick to licensing laws instead of breaking them for the benefit of other people and risk to myself, or as is commonly known 'have no common sense'.

I'll get me coat......

Hotsoapywater

I have found my people!
*Tinkly laugh*
🙈

Here goes please don't kick me off here 🙏

I live in social housing.

I have not one dog but two, they bark now and again and yes, I carry "little bags of shit" with me on dog walks.

I work in a low income job that doesn't require any qualifications or experience on entry, experience and some vocational training required for my level though.

I am a single mum who bred with a dead beat and didn't have the foresight to know it would happen. Haven't had any more than one though so maybe a few points pulled back there?

I was with deadbeat when I gave birth and his mum was outside the room, and her and her husband were the first to hold my baby after me, him and my mum (and technically the midwife I guess)

I can't drive which is probably a good thing as 4 failed tests ain't a coincidence and now and again I accept lifts that are offered. I don't ask for them or assume, but if offered and they're going the same way as me I'll accept. Most of the time I bus/walk. Have managed to hold down quite a few ft jobs and bring up a child, while living semi rurally (by which I mean by London standards the transport is a bit shit)

I have a constant war with my washing/the weather. When it goes out it stays out until it's dry. I have no care for how long it takes. The only exception is when I need something that's out there.

I own a toilet brush.

I work in hospitality and stick to licensing laws instead of breaking them for the benefit of other people and risk to myself, or as is commonly known 'have no common sense'.

I'll get me coat......
Your washing will be 'darked on and you're clearly a fail for Othersite.

'Frank, hide her coat, she isn't going anywhere'

CrapBag

When a woman in the village gave her baby the same name as one of my sons I wasn't jealous. I didn't tell everyone behind her back that she had stolen my baby name. I just accepted that there were now at least two children in the village who had the same first name.
You did WHAT!!!

Oh wait....this is the real world and names are duplicated...

As you were..

horsesgallore

I have a toilet brush - in fact there are two, one in each bathroom. One of them looks like a giraffe.
I change my bedding when I feel like it. There's only me in the bed (and whichever soft toy I am currently cuddling).
I change my jammies when I feel like it.
I wash the towels when they need it.
I wash my housemate's clothes along with mine and she does the same. One or other of us separates it out and it often sits in the basket at the top of the stairs until we can be arsed putting it away.
I don't tend to leave the washing out overnight but that's - you know - personal preference.
I put the heating on when its cold. I also feel the cold, so even with the heating on I might not be warm enough, but warmer than I would be without it.
I am no contact with my brother, but it was nothing that I did.
Everyone held my babies shortly after they were born.
I was a SAHM for a long time. I now work retail because I'm good at it, even though I have a teaching diploma. I never taught - I bloody hated it. Far too many kids :ROFLMAO: . I'd like to earn more, but I like my job and at my age, I'd be bloody lucky to get anything else.

I would like to retire though and have another 12 years to go at least.