"I'm a naughty Tory"

Penguin

The Charlie Elphicke (former PM for Dover) has seen a guilty verdict on all 3 counts of sexual assault, although sentencing will not be until September.

Without minimising the real hurt and distress he caused his victims (all much younger, and working in govt, so junior too him) and his wife and family, I am just laughing my head off that "I'm a naughty Tory" will follow him round for the rest of his life.

Probably much harder to overcome than any short prison sentence. Karma's a bitch isn't she?

Cinders

His wife has announced she is divorcing him. She is an MP too. I am sure Insaw a photo of her accompanying him to court, but maybe it’s an old one.

Edited to add...

Charlie Elphicke was once a rising star of the Tory party, whose political career was bolstered by a supportive wife and doting children that gave him the veneer of the archetypal 'Conservative family man.'

A former barrister and solicitor, Elphicke lived in a lavish £2million London town house with his wife Natalie, their two children, Anna, 19 and Thomas, 13 and pet dog Star. This is where the first attack against the woman also took place in 2007 while his lawyer wife was away on business. A former Conservative whip who was responsible for keeping MPs in order, Elphicke's conviction has sent his political and domestic life crashing to the ground following a trial which revealed salacious details about his own conduct.

Elphicke arrived at Southwark Crown Court each day with Natalie dutifully clutching his hand as they braved press photographers. Once inside the building however, they went their separate ways and she did not sit in court one where he was being tried, opting to remain in a room that had been assigned to her so that she could continue with her Parliamentary work.

Once the day's proceedings came to an end, the couple would emerge from the Southwark courthouse together. From the moment allegations against him emerged, Mrs Elphicke has chosen to publicly stand by him but as he admitted while giving evidence, their marriage is 'hanging by a thread.'

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Poor woman. She won his Dover seat after he stood down. No idea what she's like as an MP.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

I am covered with shame by the typos in my OP. Obvs, he was an MP, not PM. Although I can quite see the current incumbent doing something similar.

Mr Penguin tells me his wife is a horror too. (We live not far from Dover, but not in their constituency).

Hawthorn

He's not a 'naughty Tory' he's a convicted sex offender.

Hasn't got quite the same ring to it, has it?