I'm so bored....

lifestooshort123

Yup. Bored.
Haven't met up with any friends since last autumn and now wonder if the motivation is still there.
Don't like walking for the sake of it so, apart from going to sainsbury's once a week, that's it on the exercise front.
Lucky in that I'm in bubble with daughter and grandson but they're struggling as well so unless we want a misery mood...
I miss...
my son and his family
browsing in the shops
driving to seaside
Toby Carvery (saddo)
the cinema
I spend every day reading, doing jigsaws, crossword puzzles and eating chocolate. Blow the cleaning, nobody's going to see it and I'm not bothered.
Bored.

Justsayno

I'm fortunate to have had a huge to-do list & cluttered house at the start of all this, so when I wonder what to do I can just look around or redo the list. It seems never ending. I'm still looking forward to echoey space, but things are definitely much tidier. My daughter just wandered in and asked what I was doing today...I suggested tidying the linen closet and she wandered back out. She took this term off and is starting to get really stir crazy. My big projects - like cataloguing family history items & creating photo books - require use of the office, which can't be done during husband's work hours so that's annoying, especially as he hasn't travelled this year. We may just have finished the probate process yesterday (!) so that's one brain consuming task done. I want to do some painting as well but will wait for warmer weather so the windows can be open.

I guess my life has been arranged around my unpredictable health issues for so long that I've learned to identify the good in each day & I don't get bored or focus on the things I can't do. I do miss travelling & get togethers with friends but I also appreciate the slower pace so I don't always feel so pressured & exhausted. I can totally imagine how this would feel for someone with a "normal" life, though.

CharliesAngel

Am bored of being bored and so bored that I am out the other side into zombiedom.
An agent actually apologised for being late to respond because he had been ON HOLIDAY. WHO THE FUCK IS ON HOLIDAY?
I have to take my annual leave even though I'm stuck at home and can't go anywhere or do anything so maybe this was what the agent meant by being 'on holiday'.

Kasey & her Sunshine Band

I have to take my annual leave even though I'm stuck at home and can't go anywhere or do anything so maybe this was what the agent meant by being 'on holiday'.
We can carry over 15 days leave (leave year May-Apr). We have been told that we will lose the days above 15 if we don't take them, luckily I'm below the limit as I'm taking Easter off (might actually see my eldest granddaughter on her birthday this year 🤞). I'm also saving a few days to help my daughter move to her new place.

Otters

A family friend once asked me how I was. I was 13 and it was the summer holidays. I announced I was 'bored'. He confidently asserted, "Only boring people get bored!"

Of course, back then we weren't working our way through a pandemic.

I also have a new boss who I've only spoken to via Skype and Zoom.

I was thinking about this the other day. I know two people who haven't seen their colleagues in real life since they started new jobs last year. I said to one yesterday, 'I hope you don't get to meet them in real life and realise they've all been using Zoom filters!' 😆

Last edited:

lifestooshort123

I am off to see my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter this morning. They live 10 miles away and I last saw them in October. They have a 5-bar gate across their drive and I will sit on my deckchair on the dropped kerb outside drinking their delicious coffee. We'll chat and laugh and it will buck me up - I've even put lippy on as there won't be any masks needed. I'm so excited!
Happy Season 10 GIF by The Voice

HelenDamnation

I'm boring, I think, rather than bored. I have no conversation and am just doing my own little projects, like customising some of my tarot deck collection. 🙂
I should be doing housework but I can't be bothered and the place is a tip, which is a disincentive to doing anything.
I haven't been posting much anywhere, because I have nothing to say of any interest to anyone.
I feel OK in myself, not depressed or anything, but just meh. 😑

Otters

@HelenDamnation

I feel the same as you but manage this by telling myself the good news is that it is not me that is 'boring' but rather the situation. I might be kidding myself...

I do know I've become even more random and far less focused and I wouldn't have won any awards for focus before the pandemic.

I haven't found the bog standard matters like tidying and cleaning more attractive just because other options are restricted and, in theory, there's more time to devote to them. My new surname won't be Hinch!

I spent an hour plus the other day looking at potential surnames. I do this on and off. Been divorced for several years and never got around to changing it. I can't say I hate my married/divorced name but I've always fancied something longer and more interesting.

Everytime I come across an unusual surname I find myself trying it out for size. I'm not reverting to my maiden name which is even shorter and more boring. And it will have to be sensible. I'd love to use my sister's but she'd be very 'off' about it, understandably. 🙂

NotSorry

I’m so bored I’ve arranged to pop by and pick up the racket stringing that’s been sitting there since the club shut in December

It doesn’t need doing until the club reopens (whenever that will be) but it’s something to do!

Am bored of being bored and so bored that I am out the other side into zombiedom.
An agent actually apologised for being late to respond because he had been ON HOLIDAY. WHO THE FUCK IS ON HOLIDAY?
My daughter is on holiday from Friday to Monday next week - I said I’ll drop her to the high street and she can pop into a couple of shops for me #livingherbestlife

lifestooshort123

@HelenDamnation

I feel the same as you but manage this by telling myself the good news is that it is not me that is 'boring' but rather the situation. I might be kidding myself...

I do know I've become even more random and far less focused and I wouldn't have won any awards for focus before the pandemic.

I haven't found the bog standard matters like tidying and cleaning more attractive just because other options are restricted and, in theory, there's more time to devote to them. My new surname won't be Hinch!

I spent an hour plus the other day looking at potential surnames. I do this on and off. Been divorced for several years and never got around to changing it. I can't say I hate my married/divorced name but I've always fancied something longer and more interesting.

Everytime I come across an unusual surname I find myself trying it out for size. I'm not reverting to my maiden name which is even shorter and more boring. And it will have to be sensible. I'd love to use my sister's but she'd be very 'off' about it, understandably. 🙂
I also kept my married name after divorce as I preferred it to my maiden name. It's been handy having the same surname as children and grandchildren but I've never thought of picking a random new one! My grandson is learning the list of French Mrs Vandertramp verbs and that has a certain ring to it. I could be announced at society balls as "Mrs Vandertramp and partner"...