I'm so bored....

CharliesAngel

I have actually found a way to curb my boredom - I was browsing on Twitter and came across a post that mentioned that the Louvre had virtual tours and I've been going around an empty Louvre museum seeing the wonderful works of art. I'm going to check out some other museums and art galleries websites to see if I can educate myself about art and sculpture and ancient artefacts. That should kill a few hours :D

HelenDamnation

That's a brilliant idea! I have been to a few destinations on Google Earth, like the Pyramids and various ruins and stone circles, where available.
Revisited some holiday destinations I liked and had a look at some places I haven't been. Wanted to have a look round Soweto, as it was in the news so much during the apartheid times, also Mandalay, New Orleans, Greenland and the Haight Ashbury district. šŸ™‚

Also, got a good look at my roof, as it is impossible to work out which joins are where, on a large, old, multi extension roof array, and I would like a velux window so I could get up there and sweep out the leaves that block the gutters - annually. šŸ™„

Justsayno

I also kept my married name after divorce as I preferred it to my maiden name. It's been handy having the same surname as children and grandchildren but I've never thought of picking a random new one! My grandson is learning the list of French Mrs Vandertramp verbs and that has a certain ring to it. I could be announced at society balls as "Mrs Vandertramp and partner"...
Ha! My kids still refer to Mrs Vandertramp and they've been out of french classes for years. I didn't realize it was global.

I have actually found a way to curb my boredom - I was browsing on Twitter and came across a post that mentioned that the Louvre had virtual tours and I've been going around an empty Louvre museum seeing the wonderful works of art. I'm going to check out some other museums and art galleries websites to see if I can educate myself about art and sculpture and ancient artefacts. That should kill a few hours :D
So does Versailles!

Velouria

For anyone who likes google earth, geoguesser is an excellent boredom killer, sounds daft but so much fun. There are loads of maps, you choose one, then it drops you somewhere and you have to work out where you are, or give your best guess. There are people on YouTube who are amazing at it.

In other news I'm terminally bored too. No idea why since I never did much prep pandemic. It was nice to have the option though.

Justsayno

For anyone who likes google earth, geoguesser is an excellent boredom killer, sounds daft but so much fun. There are loads of maps, you choose one, then it drops you somewhere and you have to work out where you are, or give your best guess. There are people on YouTube who are amazing at it.

In other news I'm terminally bored too. No idea why since I never did much prep pandemic. It was nice to have the option though.
I'll pass the game on to my husband - he already does his own version of it.

Re: boredom. Same. I miss going to restaurants even though we rarely went pre-covid. The option was there, but husband/daughter prefer to cook magnificent meals themselves. I was telling my daughter I couldn't wait to go to a certain restaurant and she just looked at me and said, "You do realize it will probably be a disappointment, don't you?" šŸ˜ That just reminded me I should go prompt them into choosing what to make for tonight's dinner.

Velouria

I'll pass the game on to my husband - he already does his own version of it.

Re: boredom. Same. I miss going to restaurants even though we rarely went pre-covid. The option was there, but husband/daughter prefer to cook magnificent meals themselves. I was telling my daughter I couldn't wait to go to a certain restaurant and she just looked at me and said, "You do realize it will probably be a disappointment, don't you?" šŸ˜ That just reminded me I should go prompt them into choosing what to make for tonight's dinner.
Very jealous of your cooking husband/daughter. I thought I was fancy as fuck making pancakes lol

Justsayno

Very jealous of your cooking husband/daughter. I thought I was fancy as fuck making pancakes lol
Hehehe. Last night was a fend-for-yourself dinner so I made a salad w/ hardboiled egg, so it's not always fancy.

I used to cook all the time but I guess I wasn't up to their standards, especially given the low carb direction. They use fancy sauces that really make the dishes - aioli, gochujang, cremas etc. We had about 6 weeks of food box deliveries from Chef's Plate and Hello Fresh a couple of months ago and it really spurred their inventiveness. Even my kitchen shy son made some of the kit meals & decided to make asian dumplings from scratch after seeing a little cooking video that popped up on his screen.

Once in a while I get asked to make lasagna or butter chicken for old times sake, but my contribution now is doing the shopping and inventory.

Justsayno

Sounds like a reasonable switch. I get food parcels from my ex whether I ask for them or not, tonight's was some kind of folded thing and haloumi fries haha.
We just learned about haloumi from one of the box recipes - I like it but it's more expensive than meat here - $7 for a small package. And yes! to getting food parcels. Sounds like a good ex.

NotSorry

We just learned about haloumi from one of the box recipes - I like it but it's more expensive than meat here - $7 for a small package. And yes! to getting food parcels. Sounds like a good ex.
ooh we love halloumi in this house. I have family in Cyprus and we started visiting there more than 40 years ago so it's always been a staple here. It is expensive, but Costco do a bulk buy pack which is cheaper and it lasts for ages.

Re: boredom, I have my training starting Monday for the rapid flow tests in my son's school. It's something to do!

Horses Gallore

I also kept my married name after divorce as I preferred it to my maiden name. It's been handy having the same surname as children and grandchildren but I've never thought of picking a random new one! My grandson is learning the list of French Mrs Vandertramp verbs and that has a certain ring to it. I could be announced at society balls as "Mrs Vandertramp and partner"...
After an especially awful bit of fuckwittery from my ex towards the youngest a few years ago, I decided to go back to my maiden name. I'm not crazy about it, but its mine and not his. When he left, my youngest asked if she could change her surname. She chose my friend's surname, with her permission, and then had to learn to spell it, as it is Polish and 10 letters long and daughter is dyslexic! When she was 16, she got a new birth certificate, although she didn't have to do that, but she wanted her current surname to be the first one used, not his name. When she marries next year, they are going to double barrel, as her first name sounds hideous with his surname.

Justsayno

After an especially awful bit of fuckwittery from my ex towards the youngest a few years ago, I decided to go back to my maiden name. I'm not crazy about it, but its mine and not his. When he left, my youngest asked if she could change her surname. She chose my friend's surname, with her permission, and then had to learn to spell it, as it is Polish and 10 letters long and daughter is dyslexic! When she was 16, she got a new birth certificate, although she didn't have to do that, but she wanted her current surname to be the first one used, not his name. When she marries next year, they are going to double barrel, as her first name sounds hideous with his surname.
When I was a nurse in my very large city, we had to have last names on our name badges. Numerous times people looked at it and said "Are you M's daughter?" My mom was a nurse at another hospital on the other side of the city. No privacy. Also nurses regularly were stalked by patients, and a rare last name made that easy - there were about 5 of us in the phonebook.

After having had a difficult to spell rare surname coming at the end of the alphabet, I joked that one of my non-negotiable marriage criteria was a new common, spellable, early in the alphabet surname. Got it! Funny thing is that it was "given" to the family by an Ellis island official who couldn't spell the actual eastern european name (which is now lost).

Otters

Hehehe. Last night was a fend-for-yourself dinner so I made a salad w/ hardboiled egg, so it's not always fancy.

I used to cook all the time but I guess I wasn't up to their standards, especially given the low carb direction. They use fancy sauces that really make the dishes - aioli, gochujang, cremas etc. We had about 6 weeks of food box deliveries from Chef's Plate and Hello Fresh a couple of months ago and it really spurred their inventiveness. Even my kitchen shy son made some of the kit meals & decided to make asian dumplings from scratch after seeing a little cooking video that popped up on his screen.

Once in a while I get asked to make lasagna or butter chicken for old times sake, but my contribution now is doing the shopping and inventory.

I would probably kill in order to have my meals cooked and planned for me. I will make sure that my next partner is a star in the kitchen but I'd still wish to make puddings and bake! I look at recipes that are different but never seem to get organised enough to make something different. And there did seem to be a long period when no recipes appealed. My mum was always trying out new recipes. I was in awe so I feel a failure in comparison. Current partner eats such a limited range of veg he makes me look adventurous.

CakeO'clock

I would probably kill in order to have my meals cooked and planned for me. I will make sure that my next partner is a star in the kitchen but I'd still wish to make puddings and bake! I look at recipes that are different but never seem to get organised enough to make something different. And there did seem to be a long period when no recipes appealed. My mum was always trying out new recipes. I was in awe so I feel a failure in comparison. Current partner eats such a limited range of veg he makes me look adventurous.
We've found some simple recipes on the BBC Food and BBC Good Food websites. I can't make anything fancy (and I'm a bit fussy so don't like to go too crazy) but we've found some really 'normal' ones but they add some variety into our 3 week meal planner. Might be worth a look.

We've tried a couple of chicken recipes and you could do any veg you fancy with those. We've also discovered sweet potato fries in the frozen section of Lidl and they have changed up a meal option from boiled or roast potatoes to something a little different.

I agree with others, that I just feel boring, rather than being bored necessarily. I'm knitting and have joined an online group. We're all knitting a simple jumper (my first) so that's keeping me busy but there's no one to talk about it with. Obviously not going anywhere or doing anything. Phonecalls with friends/family are about the weather as there's nothing to say.