Its the bullshit that makes job hunting so frustrating

Oldcoot

I went for a handwoman position today. Doing everything that I've done before and it's a local company. I even got a call back, it was ideal, PAYE, good wage.....but most of the work would be a 3 hours drive away. FFS.
Why not say that or even better, advertise in that area - not one 3-4 hours away, I'd be stuck on the M62 for most of the day.. All my pay wouold be used up in petrol and my cars' too old for that lark. Gah! Nevermind.

I'll tell you what though, I've had more interest when talking or messaging companies about jobs and telling them outright my experiences than I have applying using CV's, compentency based questions and other crap most like to use now.

Planthedgeandtree

Oooh, what is your cunning plan?
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Oldcoot

After months and months of applying for jobs and havign no response, I've got a response. It's just to let me know that they'll let me know if I'm short listed in a couple of weeks, and doesn't tell me anything but.....

I'm getting interest! I'm getting a response! that's a huge boost, just when I needed it.

It's a lab job but in a discipline that I haven't worked in before, so a fresh start.

Otters

I have a couple of, admittedly, not-so-cunning plans as I have heard that I and all my colleagues are going to have to interview for our jobs and there will be redundancies (but probably no redundancy money). This will be in a a few months' time.

So I can pretty much guarantee that I will be facing the same or similar bullshit merry-go-round as you OldCoot. Ah well...

Oldcoot

I have a couple of, admittedly, not-so-cunning plans as I have heard that I and all my colleagues are going to have to interview for our jobs and there will be redundancies (but probably no redundancy money). This will be in a a few months' time.

So I can pretty much guarantee that I will be facing the same or similar bullshit merry-go-round as you OldCoot. Ah well...
Oh Otters, I'm so sorry. At least you'll be in good comany on here and can rant and rave about it, knowing you'll be understood.