I've only just realised...

OP
OP
Otters Rule

Otters Rule

I do! But I look at those big numbers on the home screen - I don't squint at the little clock icon. I only use that if I want to set a timer 🙂

OP
OP
Otters Rule

Otters Rule

I didn't realise there was a switch in the boot of my car to turn the reversing sensors on or off. I learned that yesterday. I just thought they'd stopped working - which was a shame because they're quite handy when you've got low to zero spatial awareness behind the wheel. 😆 I must have knocked the switch accidentally... it made my day to find that out.

Hotsoapywater

I didn't realise there was a switch in the boot of my car to turn the reversing sensors on or off. I learned that yesterday. I just thought they'd stopped working - which was a shame because they're quite handy when you've got low to zero spatial awareness behind the wheel. 😆 I must have knocked the switch accidentally... it made my day to find that out.
I've had my car 16 years and I still don't know what all the buttons are for. I use the wipers, the gearstick and the steering wheel. Oh and the AC and radio.

Nelly

I've had my car 16 years and I still don't know what all the buttons are for. I use the wipers, the gearstick and the steering wheel. Oh and the AC and radio.
This is me, other half always saying you need to get a new car 😠 my hubbies car dashboard lights up and looks like the cockpit of a plane, I have no chance understanding any of it, even turning the radio on, you need a degree to do that, erghh, no leave me to my old banger thank you, I love her🚗❤😁

LilyThePink

I whinged for 18 months that my car didnt have a front passenger glove box. Turns out it did - just no handles of any kind on it

Last edited:

Hotsoapywater

This is me, other half always saying you need to get a new car 😠 my hubbies car dashboard lights up and looks like the cockpit of a plane, I have no chance understanding any of it, even turning the radio on, you need a degree to do that, erghh, no leave me to my old banger thank you, I love her🚗❤😁
I love my car. It is a goer. It is an old classic done up by my husband. Never has let me down. We would never part with it.

Reinette Pompador

Am I the only person that reads the manual for a new car?!
I don’t anymore as my last 2 cars, their models haven’t corresponded with the information inside the book. For example my current car according to the book has air con and an air con button to operate but despite viewing the diagram numerous times it just isn’t in the actual car. Even the dealer couldn’t explain why I had the exact model for the air con as standard but for some reason they just didn’t bother with the button so I don’t have air con.
My previous car in the book it stated a spare wheel was in the boot. There was no spare wheel and no space for one either just a foam can shaped hole in the floor.
I’ve just given up reading them now, they’re pointless 🤷🏻‍♀️

RomaniEuntDomus

I don’t anymore as my last 2 cars, their models haven’t corresponded with the information inside the book. For example my current car according to the book has air con and an air con button to operate but despite viewing the diagram numerous times it just isn’t in the actual car. Even the dealer couldn’t explain why I had the exact model for the air con as standard but for some reason they just didn’t bother with the button so I don’t have air con.
My previous car in the book it stated a spare wheel was in the boot. There was no spare wheel and no space for one either just a foam can shaped hole in the floor.
I’ve just given up reading them now, they’re pointless 🤷🏻‍♀️
A lot of the time, the manuals correspond with a group of models, not with the particular one you have. You might also find that yours isn't typical for some reason, e.g. it might have been an import from somewhere like Cyprus or Gibraltar where the specs are slightly different, and there isn't a manual to cover it.

Am I the only person that reads the manual for a new car?!
And yes, I'm the sort of person who reads the instructions as a first line and not if all else fails. I just absorb written information better than trying to learn stuff through hitting random buttons.

Camille Bordey

My husband has a company car, changed every two years. The current one has a push button start instead of a key and a click button instead of a handbrake. It automatically turns itself off if you're stopped in traffic. It just feels so light and flimsy compared to my own. I absolutely hate driving it.

Wotcheroo

Yep there should be a wee button with a line through it & pic of engine that seems to do nothing.
Press it at the traffic lights and your engine won't cut out.
I found stop start very odd to begin with, but now I love it. Much better for town traffic as less pollution when you are going nowhere