I've only just realised...

Camille Bordey

Stop start engines. I hate them. My husband has one. Always feels like I've stalled it. We can switch it off. Apparently. I don't drive his much. Prefer my old one.
I always switch it off if I'm driving it because like that, I always feel as if I've stalled it too. The handbrake always feels so flimsy to me.

CharlieAlphaWhiskey

Just looked at my iPhone and yes, the clock icon tells the right time. I'd never noticed, just thought it was a generic clock face :ROFLMAO:

My car has one of those push buttons to start it which I quite like. It has a proper handbrake though.

When I first got it I remember going to B&Q to get something. I'd got my bag out of the boot and went to walk away from the car when I stopped because I couldn't remember if I'd locked it. I stepped back to the car and tried the hatch and the boot opened straight away. I pressed the lock button on the remote and pulled on the hatch door again. Again it opened. I did this several times and couldn't work out why it wasn't locking. I was about to drive back home but decided to have a quick look in the manual. It told me that if the key was in range, the boot would open automatically without having to press a button - doh! Of course I couldn't test that theory out at B&Q because I was on my own and couldn't put the key safely out of range. Maybe I should make a habit of reading the car manual too :)

OP
OP
Otters Rule

Otters Rule

Just looked at my iPhone and yes, the clock icon tells the right time. I'd never noticed, just thought it was a generic clock face :ROFLMAO:

My car has one of those push buttons to start it which I quite like. It has a proper handbrake though.

When I first got it I remember going to B&Q to get something. I'd got my bag out of the boot and went to walk away from the car when I stopped because I couldn't remember if I'd locked it. I stepped back to the car and tried the hatch and the boot opened straight away. I pressed the lock button on the remote and pulled on the hatch door again. Again it opened. I did this several times and couldn't work out why it wasn't locking. I was about to drive back home but decided to have a quick look in the manual. It told me that if the key was in range, the boot would open automatically without having to press a button - doh! Of course I couldn't test that theory out at B&Q because I was on my own and couldn't put the key safely out of range. Maybe I should make a habit of reading the car manual too :)
I do things like that - I can't remember if it's one or two flashes of the indicators to signal it is locked. Trotting back to the car to check renders that function pointless. And usually with a furtive glance to see whether anyone has spotted me checking. 🙂

Moogle

I have custom icons on my phone so my clock never works :(.

I use the big digital one anyway, or my pc clock if I'm online

Fin

My husband has a company car, changed every two years. The current one has a push button start instead of a key and a click button instead of a handbrake. It automatically turns itself off if you're stopped in traffic. It just feels so light and flimsy compared to my own. I absolutely hate driving it.
Our car is the same. But you can turn off eco mode so that it doesn't do the start stop thing. Our last three cars have had it.

One very snowy winter we were at my in-laws, they have a long straight uphill drive that flattens out at the top. We were parked behind other cars very slightly on the slope. Our car then had a handbrake. We came out and our car had disappeared, we found it in the middle of the road, it had slid all the way down.

Last edited:

Koala

On iPhones...

• You can adjust the brightness of the torchlight by holding down the torch button and selecting
  • You can personalise the swipe up screen to add functions you commonly use
  • The Space bar can be used as a mouse e.g. to correct typos
  • It has a built in compass and spirit level
  • And a built in measuring tool (AR-based so it does it in 3D sort of)
It has a ridiculous amount of extra features!

Moogle

On iPhones...

• You can adjust the brightness of the torchlight by holding down the torch button and selecting
The built in compass and spirit level is now making me want an iPhone dammit.

CharlieAlphaWhiskey

On iPhones...

Oh wow! I never realised you could make the torch brighter. This has made my day (I'm easily pleased) :ROFLMAO:

Socks

My husbands car can park itself, we haven't dared to that. I'm going to have to drive his car shortly I hate the fact its got a button and the gears are on the stork even though its an auto i don't want reverse on a stalk I want a stick!

CharlieAlphaWhiskey

My husbands car can park itself, we haven't dared to that. I'm going to have to drive his car shortly I hate the fact its got a button and the gears are on the stork even though its an auto i don't want reverse on a stalk I want a stick!
My husband had a Ford Kuga for a while that could do that. When we had our test drive the dealer demonstrated it on a side road. He found a gap between a parked car and the car behind was someone on a driving lesson who was pulled in for a while. As the car was reversing the guy behind saw him take his hands of the wheel and quickly reversed. It spoilt the demo but made us laugh at the reaction. We never once used the functionality after purchasing it because my husband could reverse park into the tightest gaps anyway.