Katie Hopkins permanently banned from Twitter

Millie

I deleted my post saying she is still there, because when I looked twice, I saw it was a fake account. Sorry about that. It seem she HAS been banned after all.

OP
OP
H

Hotsoapywater

I only know of her by some of the things she has said which have been reported in the past, it does worry me in the wider context that so many people are being silenced as their opinions (be they wrong or right) do not fit into the perceived correct way of thinking.
That's the worrying factor for me. I've just seen on LS a transcript of her interview on Australian TV. The tax payer have funded a "How to assassinate Katie Hopkins' play. She is very blunt, says what many are thinking and it has cost her dearly. But as she says, people are frightened as silencing and deplatforming people is very 'woke' left tactics. She takes it on the chin and she is never a victim.

Moogle

Where do I start.

Her comments about people with depression, not helping to combat the stigma around mental health issues, which I've suffered with all my life.

Her comments about the "little sweaty jocks" sending England Ebola bombs in the form of "sweaty glaswegians".

Her comments about how someone who committed suicide in front of her train was selfish - as shes a busy woman.

And that's just to start.

Now shes gone, twitter need to start removing all the other vile people like her.

OP
OP
H

Hotsoapywater

I deleted my post saying she is still there, because when I looked twice, I saw it was a fake account. Sorry about that. It seem she HAS been banned after all.
Well, as we know, the MSM can be sketchy at the best of times.

Where do I start.

Her comments about people with depression, not helping to combat the stigma around mental health issues, which I've suffered with all my life.

Her comments about the "little sweaty jocks" sending England Ebola bombs in the form of "sweaty glaswegians".

Her comments about how someone who committed suicide in front of her train was selfish - as shes a busy woman.

And that's just to start.

Now shes gone, twitter need to start removing all the other vile people like her.
I agree. Owen Jones would be a great start. He is a snivelling little runt.

Rubenesque

I agree with free speech, but felt with her it was more about grabbing the headlines rather than voicing her opinion.
She only went on The Apprentice so that she could refuse Alan Sugar's job offer if she got it, which she did.
She's all for show. I remember her criticising people who named their children after places. Her daughter is called India.

Millie

I don't like her at all, and think she is vitriolic, toxic, talentless, and pointless. She isn't just right-wing, she is very far right. She has said some really nasty things about a lot of people. So no, I'm not sorry she has gone from twitter. As a few posters have said, it was more about spewing hateful bile with Katie Hopkins, than it was about constructive criticism. She has been booted off TV and out of the media now, and her only platform was twitter, so that's her finished (hopefully...)

However, as a few people on twitter have said, the same should happen to far-left people on twitter too, as they are equally vitriolic and nasty, and wish death on people like Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings. I saw one (far-left) poster say once that they hope Kate Bush gets 'cancer of the ringpiece' when she praised a speech Theresa May gave, (and was 'obviously a Tory...')

Another example of a nasty far-left toxic troll is Terry Christian. Putrid he is.

So it cuts both ways. If the vitriolic right-wing are to be silenced and shut down, then the far left and their equally vitriolic bile must be shut down too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hotsoapywater

I don't like her at all, and think she is vitriolic, toxic, talentless, and pointless. She wasn't just right-wing, she was very far right. She has said some really nasty things about a lot of people. So no, I'm not sorry she has gone from twitter. As a few posters have said, it was more about spewing hateful bile with Katie Hopkins, than it was about constructive criticism. She has been booted off TV and out of the media now, and her only platform was twitter, so that's her finished (hopefully...)

However, as a few people on twitter have said, the same should happen to far-left people on twitter too, as they are equally vitriolic and nasty, and wish death on people like Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings. I saw one (far-left) poster say once that they hope Kate Bush gets 'cancer of the ringpiece' when she praised a speech Theresa May gave, (and was 'obviously a Tory...')

Another example of a nasty far-left toxic troll is Terry Christian. Putrid he is.

So it cuts both ways. If the vitriolic right-wing are to be silenced and shut down, then the far left and their equally vitriolic bile must be shut down too.
👊👊👊 absolutely, Millie. I've not seen much of Terry Christian, as I haven't been there for years, and KH wasn't someone I followed. I left as there was little room for debate and conversation, which was when it was 140 characters.

It makes no odds to me whether she is there or not, I've seen the damage that place has done to some people.

With freedom of speech, comes responsibility.

Moogle

Katie Hopkins had the chance to use her "fame" for good rather than bad, but instead she chose to post a metric ton of racism, Islamophobia, fat shaming, mental health shaming and xenophobia.

Now shes gone twitter 100% needs to take out the rest of the toxic people. I'd include in the list of toxic people, those who feel it acceptable to send women death threats for wanting to maintain their safe spaces, even Trump needs to be removed from Twitter.

Fortress24

Don't love her but also don't loathe her. She has said some pretty low stuff, but equally she has said some stuff I agree with. I find she is one of those people that just says SOME things alot of people think but don't say. But that is missed when she comes out and says really low things.

I think the more dangerous thing is shutting down freedom of speech rather than what one individual may say.

Eliza

I think whatever you think of someone's views and whether or not you agree with them, they are still entitled to their opinion as you are yours.

This thing with censoring and silencing people, is very scary indeed. Especially when you add in the statue removal and book burning going on at the moment.

Maloryknox

I can't really get her up about her. She's pretty ignorant of issues outside of her own bubble. But most of what she says is toung in cheek. Stuff male comedians get away with saying. Most of what she says isn't any worse than people will say in real life.

I don't think she should have been banned. I don't like the idea that we ban people that say unpalatable things. It will make for a very bland world if we can only here the accepted opinions.

Now shes gone twitter 100% needs to take out the rest of the toxic people. I'd include in the list of toxic people, those who feel it acceptable to send women death threats for wanting to maintain their safe spaces, even Trump needs to be removed from Twitter.

I agree that people sending threats of violence should be banned. But we should not be banning people just because we don't like their views.

Otherwise where does it end. Only views that 60% agree with allowed? Only views that 100% of people agree with allowed? How will we speak out if alternative views are banned.