Kindle Paperwhite Question

V

visitor

I think I'd like one of these but can't find out how they work.
I have an Amazon Prime account, so do I just buy one and it's automatically linked, so that I press 'buy' on the Amazon page on my laptop and it then downloads on to the Kindle or is it more complicated than that?

V

visitor

When you buy one you login for the first time either to an existing account or create a new one. You then go into the store on the kindle and look/buy any books you want and they download directly and your account is charged. You can 'borrow' I think 1 book a month but theres lots for 99p. Love mine.

V

visitor

I think I'd like one of these but can't find out how they work.
I have an Amazon Prime account, so do I just buy one and it's automatically linked, so that I press 'buy' on the Amazon page on my laptop and it then downloads on to the Kindle or is it more complicated than that?

If you have an Amazon Prime account you also get a free book each month from new releases as well as borrowing one a month from the lending library as PP said. I’ve learned to not rush into getting the free book and wait a couple of weeks then read the reviews. I’ve discovered some great authors this way. I rarely read paper books now.