Lockdown WIPs

CakeO'clock

I have finally finished the Birthday in Malmo blanket for my 5yo son. I did the Summer in Swanage colourway for my daughter so figured it made sense to make the same blanket but in different colours for my son. Just got the six ends from the border to sew in tonight and then it's done!!

Now for 1.5 socks to finish and 99% of a jumper :)

DinosaurChickens

Not my work, but my daughter's first cross stitch project since she was a small child. She hand stitched the backing on with only advice and minimal help from me. Hasn't she done a great job?
That is so good, I love the contemporary design and I'd never have guessed it was embroidery unless you had said so, because it is so perfect it looks like a screen print. Is she going to do more? This design has made me see and think about embroidery differently. Imagine what she could do on the back of a long denim duster coat with that. I think the 80's revival in fashion could be great for contemporary embroidery. Love it.

I'm loving this thread as a wood burning artist. Seeing other forms of craft and technique that also use knot work and symmetry is getting my brain working. Hope you all keep posting, I gain a lot of motivation by seeing other women's work.

Horses Gallore

Well, after a huge delay due to the recipient living with me for 11 weeks, I have finally finished about a million coats of glittery gold paint on the shadowbox and fitted the stitching into each aperture. I even have a gift bag big enough for it, too!

Attachments

• shadowbox.jpg
    shadowbox.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 3

Horses Gallore

Halfway through my latest project - a row of 6 shops. Finished the backstitch on the green shop and am now embarking upon a blue one. the three remaining shops go to the left of the current ones.

Attachments

• first three shops.png
    first three shops.png
    598.1 KB · Views: 2