Margaret Dabbs foot products ....

Cherry-flavored

After reading tons of good reviews on Margaret Dabbs foot file and foot products, I’v ordered myself the 3 step kit which all together came to 56.00 quid as got 15% off on LOOKFANTASTIC.
You get the Professional foot file, the Exfoliating foot mousse, and the intensive Hydrating foot lotion.

Just wondering if anyone has used her products and if so are they really as good as the reviews say? Just so I feel better about spending that much money on a foot file.

Cinders

The professional foot file is wonderful, but expensive. That is the one which comes with replacement emery type stickers. It has some heft to it and really shifts the crust....

The only other Dabbs product I have used was a hand serum that was supposed to make your hands look like a toddlers. It didn’t, was very expensive and in a tiny pot. I am interested in the exfoliating foot mousse, please report back.I usually used the Body Shop pumice foot scrub but I am boycotting them because of their JK Rowling stance.

Nattyknitter

After reading tons of good reviews on Margaret Dabbs foot file and foot products, I’v ordered myself the 3 step kit which all together came to 56.00 quid as got 15% off on LOOKFANTASTIC.
You get the Professional foot file, the Exfoliating foot mousse, and the intensive Hydrating foot lotion.

Just wondering if anyone has used her products and if so are they really as good as the reviews say? Just so I feel better about spending that much money on a foot file.
never heard of it but intrigued as my feet get so dry etc so quickly. ive got a metal footfile that i bought from boots years ago which is pretty good but i feel as it something a bit more coarse grade might shift the hard skin quicker then i can refine it with the metal file. never been for a professional pedicure but am considering it as frankly it hurts my back and shoulders doing the filing. i cant leave it because it cracks and then its really sore. tried the urea foot cream which helps a bit but have to use it every night. its all so fucking tedious frankly!

Chattypickle

its all so fucking tedious frankly!

you’ve summed up my life! I’m not unhappy, but so demotivated. everything productive I do feels tedious!

feet- dry skin just keeps coming back. It’s a constant battle.
garden- plants just keep damn well growing except the ones that I want to grow. Constant battle again
washing basket- keeps refilling, and as soon as it’s washed/dried it needs to be put away.

constant pointless necessary tedium!

Cinders

A really good cream for the feet is Weleda Skin Food. It is a heavy duty cream for everything, but is fantastic for the feet. It can be sticky, I have a pair of cheap towelling spa type slippers I stick on when I wear it. It really does revive feet.

Nattyknitter

A really good cream for the feet is Weleda Skin Food. It is a heavy duty cream for everything, but is fantastic for the feet. It can be sticky, I have a pair of cheap towelling spa type slippers I stick on when I wear it. It really does revive feet.
Will give that a try..

The filing makes the hard skin worse. Just use foot cream with urea in it
How come it makes it worse?

Chattypickle

Will give that a try..

How come it makes it worse?
The skin builds up to protect the feet. If you file it, it thickens up again to replace it. If you soften it with cream, it’s still there, but softer and able to shed naturally. If it’s soft it won’t split the way it does when hard.

If you soak your feet in water, the skin goes spongy. Rub that off with a towel, then moisturise. It works really well.

BirdFeeder

The skin builds up to protect the feet. If you file it, it thickens up again to replace it. If you soften it with cream, it’s still there, but softer and able to shed naturally. If it’s soft it won’t split the way it does when hard.
That’s interesting. My feet have thrived under lockdown without any pedicures although I’m sure a beautician would be horrified by my cuticles. The nails on my hands are less fragile too, despite hours and hours of gardening.

Nattyknitter

If you soak your feet in water, the skin goes spongy. Rub that off with a towel, then moisturise. It works really well.
I will give it a try

GalaxyGirl70

I bought the foot hygiene cream without reading it was made from Emu oil....... :confused: (i'm vegetarian) but she does do a line for M & S that is animal product free. It's OK but I've found the Flexitol stuff far better and less expensive.

My daughter wanted to book me a Margaret Dabbs pedicure but it was over £100...........

OP
OP
Cherry-flavored

Cherry-flavored

Well, it still hasn’t arrived yet ladies, but I will keep you informed. Hoping that it’ll be good on my feet so it’s not just another hyped up product that I’ve bought into. Anyways we will see!

Nattyknitter

I bought the foot hygiene cream without reading it was made from Emu oil....... :confused: (i'm vegetarian) but she does do a line for M & S that is animal product free. It's OK but I've found the Flexitol stuff far better and less expensive.

My daughter wanted to book me a Margaret Dabbs pedicure but it was over £100...........
I’ve got a tube of flexitol somewhere..is it ok to slather that on with a pair of socks overnight then?

GalaxyGirl70

Yes @Nattyknitter that's how I use it.... give feet a good soak in bath, then cover copiously in flexitol and leave on overnight. I've got some bamboo socks that really do the job well.... nothing too thick else they just absorb the lotion.

OP
OP
Cherry-flavored

Cherry-flavored

I can confirm the foot file is amazing. As far as the products go, you could probably just any others and be just as happy, however I don’t wanna slate them because they are still very nice. Her foot file though, is the best iv ever used!

Totally recommend

Cinders

I can confirm the foot file is amazing. As far as the products go, you could probably just any others and be just as happy, however I don’t wanna slate them because they are still very nice. Her foot file though, is the best iv ever used!

Totally recommend
It is one of the best foot beautifiers I have tried. It is one of many weapons in my arsenal in the war against crust! I use the file a couple of times a week. I also have a Scholl foot contraption which is battery run and has a rotating file thing too which I use once a week, it is like a sander and you can get different strengths of file. On a daily basis I use a foot cream from Soap and Glory, think it is called Heel Genius. I usually find Soap & Glory stuff too sweet smelling but this is not so bad. I also use Weleda Skin Food a couple of times a week. It takes all that to keep my feet looking uncrusty. If I ease up for a couple of days the opportunistic crust starts creeping back.....