No spend days 2021

Horses Gallore

No spend for the last few days. Turns out I didn't need more bobbins, so haven't bought them. I will have to buy some extra threads, because my mega-bundle didn't have the newest colours in it, which I need for my next project, but there's no rush. I got the last section completed in 8 days, so am hoping to keep the momentum up and get this all done before the end of the month and then start on the next project. It will also mean I won't have to buy another big project box, as I will have this one emptied.

NotSorry

Also no spend here. The cordless vacuum has not yet been purchased and I actually haven't really thought about it for a while, so that's also good.

Got a birthday yoga pants & slipper collection to pick up from M&S and a Christmas t-shirt collection from Matalan. Just waiting on my COVID test to come back before I can venture back out into the world. We're going to do Christmas with family in July with chicken/turkey and pigs in blankets on the BBQ (obviously COVID permitting). Thought we'd all wear Christmas t-shirts!
That’s good idea - I think we‘ll do a family gathering in the summer (if we’re allowed) for my youngest‘s 18th at the end of this month - lockdown is a rubbish way to spend a milestone birthday!

CakeO'clock

I messaged my friend in NZ for summer Christmas tips and just thought why not. I think we'll have chicken burgers with cranberry sauce and I'll wrap some sausages in bacon too. Might also make some roast potatoes as a side dish. I've packed our Christmas lights at the top of the box in the attic and (as they're also outdoor ones), I'm going to string them up outside. We might do a secret santa with family too.

Christmas but not Christmas. However, a bit of fun if it can go ahead.

@lifestooshort123 great idea on the cream tea. I'm going to order one for my brother and his family. He's just coming out of his positive COVID isolation and still feeling tired. I'm going to save up through not spending on rubbish and do something for them instead.

lifestooshort123

In the summer lockdown, I baked a chocolate cake for my 14-yr old granddaughter. I made yummy choc/fudge icing which I put in a separate plastic bag along with some edible glitter and assorted decorations. I drove to their house (naughty but essential) and hung the bags on their gate post. She was over the moon at the surprise, at the homemade cake, at Granny doing it specially for her. Her mum said it lifted everyone's spirits and I received a lovely picture of them digging in to the beautifully-iced cake.

The answer is always cake.

Buzzcat

Well stuffed it today. Was passing a shop with only about 3 people in, so bought one of those Flash quick mops. My cleaner is not coming whilst we are in the thick of this wave, and I hate housework. Also bought some decent treats to persuade the dog to do her physio.

However on the plus side the Doggy Physio recommended a coat, and I realised I bought one years ago for her. So saved there.

lifestooshort123

Well stuffed it today. Was passing a shop with only about 3 people in, so bought one of those Flash quick mops. My cleaner is not coming whilst we are in the thick of this wave, and I hate housework. Also bought some decent treats to persuade the dog to do her physio.

However on the plus side the Doggy Physio recommended a coat, and I realised I bought one years ago for her. So saved there.
We saw a magazine advert once for a very posh watch which was reduced from something like £700 to £400 and the caption said " and £300 in your pocket!". We wasted a few idle moments wondering what we'd spend this unexpected largesse on...

Horses Gallore

We saw a magazine advert once for a very posh watch which was reduced from something like £700 to £400 and the caption said " and £300 in your pocket!". We wasted a few idle moments wondering what we'd spend this unexpected largesse on...
Its like the spend and save adverts. I got an email from somewhere this morning tempting me to spend and save. If I spent up to £75 I could get 20% off and if I spent over £75 I could get 30% off. Very nice and all that, but what makes them think I would drop £75 in their shop just to save about £14? That's really not saving me anything - especially as I don't remember which shop it was and I have never bought anything from them in years.

Socks

Had a couple of low spend days, havent managed many 'no' spends but im happy-ish. Apart from the turtle dove gloves that keep flashing up as my suggested product on here and I'm so tempted by them!!
I am spending a lot less on fuel which is a good thing.
Asda shop comes tomorrow we are meal planning more which is saving money from not being tempted by grab something quick on the way home or multiple supermarket trips as they always involve more than essentials!

Justsayno

I had to but chives today. They were apparently essential for a recipe that's being made & our yard stock is just starting to sprout so I don't want to interrupt it. Also bought an early bday present for my daughter to take back with her, so saves mailing cost. Only non-essentials were a marked down Christmas light decoration and a box of one of my favourite teas. That, I shouldn't have bought as I have at least 1 unopened box, but it was on sale...my downfall.

Seenitnowsorted

Finally had a no spend day today!!!! Feels amazing - hoping for another tomorrow. Yesterday was just £2 on four tins of spaghetti as daughter really fancied a tin 😂😂😂

Bugger - need a loaf of bread so won’t be happening!!!

Horses Gallore

Well, my no spend day went phut this morning, but all in a good cause. Some food and a cheap bra to try from Asda. A PDF cross stitch chart for half price, a piece of fabric to stitch it on, a couple of threads and a new large project box and that's daughter 2's birthday present sorted. I also rather boringly bought new pads for our steam mop, because the other ones are no longer clean, even after a long soak and a boil wash in the machine! But all necessary buys, as the threads are for the project I am doing for daughter 1's birthday (which comes first) and which I started this morning.

CakeO'clock

Well... I went out and did a drive thru McDonalds lunch for us today. Totally non-essential (although argueably it was essential to have 30mins away from the 5yo). I enjoyed every unhealthy bite and I guess, when else can you deliver McDonalds lunch to your child while they're in an online English lesson 😁 (video was off).

Socks

Spendy day here! Kind of!
I reordered the wrist warmer gloves that I ordered from white company as they was cheaper than last week.
My asda shop came which was £65 - but I got £10 back as some things didn't come in a good state i.e meat 3 days worth to run out tomorrow! So much nicer than having to go to the supermarket.
The dog has just switched the x-box on. yes. really.