Rats in house and getting a kitten or cat

Horses Gallore

Kitten has pooed and weed on the carpet. Poo looks watery in places and smells foul, so I will get her checked out.
Now hiding again. Cleaned it up but the smell remains.
Oh dear.
You need several litter boxes at first. Have you taken her and wiped her paws in the litter? That helps them get oriented towards where it is. Do it a few times. Has she been litter trained? As DooLittle said, you can buy sprays that get rid of the scent. The watery poo might just be stress in a new place. Do you have a basket/igloo type thing where she can hide and feel safe?

Bellarosa

Kitten has pooed and weed on the carpet. Poo looks watery in places and smells foul, so I will get her checked out.
Now hiding again. Cleaned it up but the smell remains.
Oh dear.
Cat poo always smells revolting 🤢. As @Horses Gallore said, put her in her litter tray to show her where it is. Some cats take ages to settle when they are in a new home. We had an adult cat that hid for 5 days when we moved house. Rose, however, came out of her hiding place the day after we had her and knocked seven bells out of the German Shepherd 🤣.
im sure she’ll settle soon. She looks gorgeous 😍

Planthedgeandtree

She is now using her litter tray! Also, the pellets are for play. Everything is for play! I had several fun toys from my late cat. She is gradually losing he shyness of me.
When she sits still I will take another photo. 🐱
You need several litter boxes at first. Have you taken her and wiped her paws in the litter? That helps them get oriented towards where it is. Do it a few times. Has she been litter trained? As DooLittle said, you can buy sprays that get rid of the scent. The watery poo might just be stress in a new place. Do you have a basket/igloo type thing where she can hide and feel safe?
Yes, I pretended to paw in her tray and she looked at me as if to say, I get it!

Washing up liquid shifted the nasties 🐾

Bellarosa

She is now using her litter tray! Also, the pellets are for play. Everything is for play! I had several fun toys from my late cat. She is gradually losing he shyness of me.
When she sits still I will take another photo. 🐱

Yes, I pretended to paw in her tray and she looked at me as if to say, I get it!

Washing up liquid shifted the nasties 🐾
Have you named her yet?