The moving house thread?

Horses Gallore

One lot of our neighbours moved out yesterday after selling their home in under a week. It has not really been a happy house for a few people who lived in it, but I was surprised that they moved from a 3 bed semi just a few yards from a pretty good school after having a baby. I have no idea of their circumstances, as we never ever saw them to even say hello to. I hope the sales and the moves go super smoothly, @Iwastooold

Iwastooold

Thank you both😁

The house I am buying backs onto a golf course, which, in turn, leads to a country park, so dog walks from the house are a doddle.
5 minute drive to the beach.
House has a lounge, study, dining kitchen, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
A nice garden, garage and driveway.
Shops and pub 3 minute walk away.

Just hope the survey on the house we are selling goes okay. It should, but it feels like the last potential stumbling block if you know what I mean.

Horses Gallore

Thank you both😁

The house I am buying backs onto a golf course, which, in turn, leads to a country park, so dog walks from the house are a doddle.
5 minute drive to the beach.
House has a lounge, study, dining kitchen, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
A nice garden, garage and driveway.
Shops and pub 3 minute walk away.

Just hope the survey on the house we are selling goes okay. It should, but it feels like the last potential stumbling block if you know what I mean.
That sounds like the perfect place for you!

NotSorry

Location innit

I kept waiting for the bedroom to appear on the video and realised it’s actually a studio flat - estate agent double speak as usual

CakeO'clock

Oooh, just was looking for a house moving thread. We're just at the very beginning (no action but looking on Rightmove/Zoopla). Moving from the Midlands to the South Coast (back near home for me), hoping for a better quality of life, being near-ish to the beach/fossil hunting and being able to get outside more with the kids.

Got some debts to clear and a load of money to save (exit fees on fixed mortgage plus stamp duty for starters) but you don't know if you don't at least try. There will be loads of home compromises as our budget is unlikely to get everything we'd hope for. Like you @Iwastooold we would love to be able to walk to the beach!

JillyHilly

Thanks @CakeO'clock. You can really feel the pace of life slowing down here. We’ve only been here a few days but I already feel so comfortable and we are walking around pinching ourselves at the clean air, peacefulness and friendliness of the neighbours. This has been fantastic decision for us. I do love a house moving thread and would love to hear about your progress as you move forward!