What I’m reading right now.

Countryfile123

Recently read ‘Margaret’s Ark‘, a good dystophian book about an ordernary person being told to build an ark.

currently Reading Jeffery Archer’s “False Impression’ which I’m enjoying.

Moogle

I've found my very battered and loved copy of Pride and Prejudice, with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle on the cover. I'm now reading that.

Raffles

I've found my very battered and loved copy of Pride and Prejudice, with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle on the cover. I'm now reading that.
Exactly the same here! Enjoyed reading it again even though I probably know so much of it off by heart having read it so many times!

Moogle

Exactly the same here! Enjoyed reading it again even though I probably know so much of it off by heart having read it so many times!
Oh definitely. The bbc series adaption was one of the best too. In fact, it was watching the bbc series adaption that made me buy the book, and both are now huge favourites.

Raffles

Oh definitely. The bbc series adaption was one of the best too. In fact, it was watching the bbc series adaption that made me buy the book, and both are now huge favourites.
I agree, never tire of watching it! So much better than the film which took too many liberties by changing parts of the original book.

ThistledownHair

I abandoned Oryx and Crake in the end - bit too bleak at the moment.
Read 11.22.63 by Stephen King instead. Enjoyable time-travel yarn with plenty of ‘what if?’ moments. Did feel that the ending wasn’t as strong as the rest of the novel.

Cinders

I have started a book about The Mountbattens, their lives and loves by Andrew Lonnie. He seemed to have been a mover and a shaker behind the scenes in the royal family over a lot of years, being a friend to Duke of Ed plus mentor to Prince Charles. This book is half about his wife Edwina. A bit of a goer, if you catch my drift. She liked male company for sure.

Raffles

I have 1984 in my basket on amazon. Still debating whether to get it or not
It is a good book to read, but not an enjoyable book because of what it is about, similar to something like the Handmaids Tale. I first read 1984 at school, because it was part of the exam syllabus and being much younger I thought it was all too far fetched. I read it again when I was older and it resonated with me how it would be possible, now seeing what is happening due to Covid and the woke agenda, it shows how Orwell was sadly very right about what could happen.

Eggsontoast

I was going to read 1984 but then things went to shit more so than ever on a personal level so went back to my Logan macrae book series, Stuart macbride. Currently on close to the bone. Thought Orwell would remind me too much of the way things are when we wake up each morning atm.