What the hell is in my mouth

Casperron

Just brushed my teeth and noticed a grey spot in my mouth, feels kind of hard like a tooth! What on Earth? Surely adults can’t grow teeth? I’m not too sure
Excuse the state of my teeth - I promise they’re not this yellow in person. thought I’d ask you guys as I can’t get a dentist appointment till november24D23CB7-E314-4CE0-A0EE-07AA585A13DC.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Casperron

I’m with a NHS dentist so they wouldn’t do that but a close family members a dental nurse do you think it would be cheeky to send it to them and ask?

LilyThePink

How old are you? My final baby tooth only came out in my 30s when another tooth pushed it out. It looks like a tooth (not a dentist- i did live with dental students and we had jars of teeth everywhere)

Fin

I’m with a NHS dentist so they wouldn’t do that but a close family members a dental nurse do you think it would be cheeky to send it to them and ask?
Oh god no, not cheeky, send it to her, she might be able to give you an idea.

RomaniEuntDomus

You definitely need an X-ray when you do get to a dentist. Sometimes baby teeth don't come out and adult teeth are malpositioned.

Might even be worth asking for a referral to maxillofacial surgery through your GP. That's going to be a bit interesting to sort out.

Whisper

I notice you’re missing your canine tooth on that side. Was it extracted or did it fail to erupt? If extracted this could be a root fragment. Or if it failed to erupt it could be coming in now maybe?
Im not a dentist though.

OP
OP
C

Casperron

Hi I spoke to my family member who said it looks like a canine tooth coming through, yes it never erupted and I had braces to try close the gap. I had many teeth removed when I was young which messed up my teeth positioning. They also said there’s no rush to see a dentist but I will ring them today

Reactions: Fin

Millie

Hi @Casperron

Did you get through to the dentist?

I does look like a tooth coming through. As has been said, it looks like your canine.

Your teeth are fine by the way. Perfectly nice, and (normal) white. I don't think you are in any imminent danger, but do get to a dentist within the next few weeks if you can, because IMO there is no room for another tooth there... I know it's meant to be there, but don't think it's going to fit.

Mine dentist is starting to see people now... Hopefully yours will see you soon.

OP
OP
C

Casperron

Hi @Casperron

Did you get through to the dentist?

I does look like a tooth coming through. As has been said, it looks like your canine.

Your teeth are fine by the way. Perfectly nice, and (normal) white. I don't think you are in any imminent danger, but do get to a dentist within the next few weeks if you can, because IMO there is no room for another tooth there... I know it's meant to be there, but don't think it's going to fit.

Mine dentist is starting to see people now... Hopefully yours will see you soon.
Hi thanks for your message. Yeah it’s definitely my canine tooth coming through, it’s been a few days now and it’s more clear and there’s a huge lump, I’m not in any pain though. Rung around dentists within a 30 mile radius and none are open and taking nhs patients that aren’t emergency, not really sure what to do. I’m not registered anywhere. I actually had braces to try close the gap between my teerh as they thought it wouldn’t come through