What to do throughout winter?

Oldcoot

Seeing as there is bugger all else to do and job hunting is on hold until ....well, god knows....
What can I do in the garden apart from clearing it out?
I've got hedge cuttings that still need to be disposed of, the rest of the hedge to cut as I couldn't get to it, repeat that on the other side of the garden and trim down tree branches. Somewhere, I have a gravel patio which will need clearing of weeds, and over grown bushes, there's a table under it all somewhere.
There's also dead ivy to pull off the house but it's 3 stories up and I don't fancy going up the ladder without help that high.
What else can I do?

Xales

It is too cold to go out and do anything. I pulled up some carrots and parsnips for new years dinner.

I ordered a new raised vegetable bed a few weeks ago. Will need to get compost to fill it.

Have planted some winter salad in the green house. I do a tray at the beginning of each month to stagger it.

Started saving the inside of toilet rolls for seed pots. Too soon to start sowing seeds though.

Littlemessyhouse

Seeing as there is bugger all else to do and job hunting is on hold until ....well, god knows....
I've got hedge cuttings that still need to be disposed of, the rest of the hedge to cut as I couldn't get to it, repeat that on the other side of the garden and trim down tree branches. Somewhere, I have a gravel patio which will need clearing of weeds, and over grown bushes, there's a table under it all somewhere.
There's also dead ivy to pull off the house but it's 3 stories up and I don't fancy going up the ladder without help that high.
What else can I do?
Good lord, that sounds like a lot already! Perhaps you could work on a new garden plan layout, assuming that there are any tweaks that you want to make.

Oldcoot

Good lord, that sounds like a lot already! Perhaps you could work on a new garden plan layout, assuming that there are any tweaks that you want to make.
It's pretty much a blank slate.
It's been neglected for various reasons for nearly 5 years, so it needs starting again. It took me all summer to get the front garden into a managable state and put in a few plants to make it look pretty.

DinosaurChickens

What else can I do?
Don't pull dead Ivy off, you need to cut it through at it's base and leave it to drop off, pulling it pulls out your pointing and grout. Ivy on building should be cut at base and left to drop.

Oldcoot

Don't pull dead Ivy off, you need to cut it through at it's base and leave it to drop off, pulling it pulls out your pointing and grout. Ivy on building should be cut at base and left to drop.
It's been cut at the base (i broke into next doors garden to do it) and it's only the top third that needs getting rid of. If it'll come away on it's own I'll leave it then as it's 3 stories up. Than you for that. It looks a mess at the moment, but at least it matches the rest of the garden.

Macavity

I did that to ours last year, but still have dead ivy all over the walls! It’s growing again too..hateful stuff