Would you have the vaccine?

Would you have the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No way

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters

Effie

Aside from the speed it was developed you only had to read the news to find out people with severe allergies have been advised not to have the vaccine. How did they discover it could cause an adverse reaction in such people? Certainly not through the clinical trials, we all know it only came to light when they started vaccinating people. Let's hope no more surprises are in store for those who opt in to having the jab.

RomanesEuntDomus

Out of interest, do US doctors have an equivalent professional body to the GMC, that they can be 'struck off'? Are their professional conduct guidelines as strict as they are here?

Because I'm pretty sure that misinformation around vaccines (which is not of course the same thing as questioning the science - that is, or should be, positively encouraged) is grounds for a severe reprimand at least.

Bellarosa

Out of interest, do US doctors have an equivalent professional body to the GMC, that they can be 'struck off'? Are their professional conduct guidelines as strict as they are here?

Because I'm pretty sure that misinformation around vaccines (which is not of course the same thing as questioning the science - that is, or should be, positively encouraged) is grounds for a severe reprimand at least.
Dr Google says that each State has its own regulator. There is no regulator at federal level.

DinosaurChickens

I understand if you feel that you don’t want to have the vaccine because you are not comfortable with the idea. That is absolutely your right and your choice. However, I hope your decision is not based on a fear that mRNA will in any way interfere with your DNA because this is not true. A quick Google will confirm that. Here are a couple of links that I found and also if you look at the fact check on Dr Northrup’s interview you will see that the first fact checked and debunked is the one referring to altering DNA. Here is a quote from one of the links and I have added the full article below

“However, mRNA vaccines do not change a person’s DNA.

“They do not manipulate human DNA,” said Jeannette Danbach Peña, infectious diseases professor of the University of Chile.

“They are only designed to express certain proteins so our body can identify them and produce the necessary defences. This is what a virus does naturally and it does not manipulate our genes,” she told AFP Fact Check.

That wasn't what I was suggesting Bell. What I understand is that the mRNA stimulates your body to create 'junk' spikes that create an immune response when it comes into contact with the wild version of the virus.
Which in some human cases could become overwhelming and mortal inflammation as in the case of the 100% dead cats and ferrets in the Corona vaccine mRNA testing. This to me shows that my bodies immune response has indeed been 'modified' genetically even if my DNA strictly hasn't.
I am not arguing that DNA is being changed, I am arguing that our genetic immune response is what is being 'modified' via the 'junk spikes' and that is what worries me.
I do not want to be at risk when my immune response goes into overdrive when presented with any form of wild Corona virus of which there are loads.
I have an immunity issue due to thyroid and a historical tendency towards inflammation. There is no way I want to take a vaccine that might UP my chances of inflammation when I catch any strain of a Corona virus.

For what it's worth I see anaphylactic shock as uncontrolled and escalating inflammation that closes airways in the worst case and makes your face swell a BIT in the best. So for me, I'm already seeing serious inflammation issues in the very small percentage of reactive humans post vaccine. What happens if they have an even worse reaction when they come into contact with Covid proper?

I'd rather limit my movements, boost my immunity and keep my immune system in tact as it stands. I trust GOOD science and good science for me is rigorously tested science that is not rushed and does not need legal protection from law suits if people die.

Bellarosa

Ok @DinosaurChickens, sorry for the misunderstanding! I understand if you feel that you don’t want the vaccine, but I would disagree that the science is not good just because it was done at speed. Would you be prepared to have the vaccine if it was not the Pfizer or Moderna one? I read this article by prof Theresa Lamb who is involved in the development of the Astra Zeneca vaccine. I was struck by how resourceful we can be when we need to, whilst also reflecting on how sad it is that we are in this mess in the first place probably because of our tendency to over exploit the world around us and the animals in it.

Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine: Bogus reports, accidental finds - the story of the jab https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55308216

DinosaurChickens

Ok @DinosaurChickens, sorry for the misunderstanding! I understand if you feel that you don’t want the vaccine, but I would disagree that the science is not good just because it was done at speed. Would you be prepared to have the vaccine if it was not the Pfizer or Moderna one? I read this article by prof Theresa Lamb who is involved in the development of the Astra Zeneca vaccine. I was struck by how resourceful we can be when we need to, whilst also reflecting on how sad it is that we are in this mess in the first place probably because of our tendency to over exploit the world around us and the animals in it.

Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine: Bogus reports, accidental finds - the story of the jab https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55308216
Bell I respect you and I have found the links you have put up interesting personally. But that said I am not interested in any more 'gentle' persuasion from you and even though you are using accepting language, I am starting to feel as though you are more interested in persuasion than acceptance.
So I am going to leave this particular discussion with you and hope to meet with you again on other threads where we are not dancing a dance of my vaccination choice being right or wrong from your perspective via links.
I understand that you are invested, but you using my specific stance on the mRNA vaccine, however gently you challenge that in accepting language, is no longer working for me personally and I don't like it so I'm asking you politely and in an autism friendly way to please stop.

Best wishes Bell and thank you genuinely for sharing all the info, but I have had enough now and will not be participating in a barely tested mRNA vaccination for Covid or any more of the proof links. That is my informed and free choice as a human being.

Also I do not 'feel' I do not want the vaccine I absolutely know that I don't and for reasons that are also 'science'

Last edited:

Bellarosa

Bell I respect you and I have found the links you have put up interesting personally. But that said I am not interested in any more 'gentle' persuasion from you and even though you are using accepting language, I am starting to feel as though you are more interested in persuasion than acceptance.
So I am going to leave this particular discussion with you and hope to meet with you again on other threads where we are not dancing a dance of my vaccination choice being right or wrong from your perspective via links.
I understand that you are invested, but you using my specific stance on the mRNA vaccine, however gently you challenge that in accepting language, is no longer working for me personally and I don't like it so I'm asking you politely and in an autism friendly way to please stop.

Best wishes Bell and thank you genuinely for sharing all the info, but I have had enough now and will not be participating in a barely tested mRNA vaccination for Covid or any more of the proof links. That is my informed and free choice as a human being.

Also I do not 'feel' I do not want the vaccine I absolutely know that I don't and for reasons that are also 'science'
No honestly I’m not, Dino. Sorry I made you feel that way. I was genuinely wondering if it was just the mRNA that was off putting to people and was just asking you personally because you have engaged. I value your opinion.

DinosaurChickens

No honestly I’m not, Dino. Sorry I made you feel that way. I was genuinely wondering if it was just the mRNA that was off putting to people and was just asking you personally because you have engaged. I value your opinion.
Ok cool Bell, I accept that. When I start to feel that my choice boundaries are being pushed on a bit more than I'm comfy with I'm done personally with a discussion, but definitely not done with you as a friend in other threads. I value our ability to chat equitably. Thank you for understanding. DC x

Last edited:

Bellarosa

A quick read around on google would suggest that it is not unusual for the government to do this when a vaccine is granted permission for emergency use, but yes it does seem a bit foolish of Pfizer not to be completely transparent if they want to instil confidence in people. The £120k applies to any vaccine that is alleged to have caused damage.

Macavity

Hoping to revive this thread. I have been doing some reading around the subject, and am quite determined not to have the vaccine.

Buzzcat

I have rheumatoid arthritis. I will be having the vaccine. Life as it is at the moment is not really worth living, particularly as somebody who lives alone. Without the vaccine I won’t be able to travel abroad. A certificate of vaccination is almost certainly going to be a requirement.

I respect people who decide against it, but I will be having it as soon as I can.

Mad about heucheras

I have rheumatoid arthritis. I will be having the vaccine. Life as it is at the moment is not really worth living, particularly as somebody who lives alone. Without the vaccine I won’t be able to travel abroad. A certificate of vaccination is almost certainly going to be a requirement.

I respect people who decide against it, but I will be having it as soon as I can.
I also have rheumatoid arthritis, and live alone. I received the letter inviting me to make the appointments yesterday. BUT, they expect me to travel over 30 miles for it, when older friends have had it in the same town.

Buzzcat

I also have rheumatoid arthritis, and live alone. I received the letter inviting me to make the appointments yesterday. BUT, they expect me to travel over 30 miles for it, when older friends have had it in the same town.
Is it worth contacting them. Mistakes have been made. Can I ask how old you are? A friend who is on methotrexate was told it didn’t put her in a higher group. I am 57. I will check my group when I have my blood test this Friday.

All of our vaccinations apart from the care home and housebound ones are being done at our local private health/sports club. Some companies who have their vehicles off the road due to Covid are offering free transport. I could get there on my scooter, but I have been threatened with something dreadful if I don’t ask for a lift from friends.