Would you have the vaccine?

Would you have the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No way

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters

DooLittle

Anyone feeling excited about getting their jab? I am, although knackered. Lodger moved out today.
Yeah I am actually. We farm as well and I’ve always had it in the back of my mind who would have the kids if I got ill, esp hospitalised.
I know the “mumsnet” approach would be their dad, and tbh he’d step up. But animals still need sorting and it’s not safe to do everything with the kids. I didn’t realise how it niggled me until I got the offer of a vaccine though

FisherLassie

I have followed Dr John Campbell on You Tube for a year now , ever since the start of the Pandemic. I have pretty much believed everything he has said , he is so thorough and well respected in his long career as a Nurse Lecturer/practitioner . His reputation precedes him. Anyway l digress but l wanted you to see why l follow/trust him so avidly. On Friday he told us about research coming from Israel about the Pfizer vaccine. He said the research found that the Pfizer vaccine gave 91% protection against the virus and 100% PROTECTION AGAINST SEVERE ILLNESS NEEDING HOSPITALISATION AND THEREFORE DEATH. This is such an amazing piece of information and so welcome for us all. There is a piece supporting this in The Guardian although they say 85% protection after one dose. Just thought you may like to see this

Bellarosa

I have followed Dr John Campbell on You Tube for a year now , ever since the start of the Pandemic. I have pretty much believed everything he has said , he is so thorough and well respected in his long career as a Nurse Lecturer/practitioner . His reputation precedes him. Anyway l digress but l wanted you to see why l follow/trust him so avidly. On Friday he told us about research coming from Israel about the Pfizer vaccine. He said the research found that the Pfizer vaccine gave 91% protection against the virus and 100% PROTECTION AGAINST SEVERE ILLNESS NEEDING HOSPITALISATION AND THEREFORE DEATH. This is such an amazing piece of information and so welcome for us all. There is a piece supporting this in The Guardian although they say 85% protection after one dose. Just thought you may like to see this
This is indeed good news although I think that all the vaccines are thought to give very high if not complete protection against serious disease, not just the Pfizer one. They are still awaiting data on the others because they were approved later.

Hanid27

I think further up this thread I said I wouldn't have it but...

The drs phoned me up on Wednesday about having it. I'm still not sure and if it was just to protect me I probably still wouldn't have it (even in a vulnerable group the chance of getting it seriously is too small for me to be worried about!) but now data showing it's helping to reduce transmission rates it's more than just to protect me. If it's the only bloody thing that's going to get us back to near normalcy then I'll have it.

I had it on Saturday, felt rough (flu like symptoms) Saturday night and went to bed at 8.30 but felt better about 8.00pm Sunday.

I'm only 47 but officially in 'vulnerable' group cos of Epilepsy - it was about October time that criteria changed I was aware of the change but it still never bothered me. I still didn't expect the call up yet as my epilepsy is controlled and I thought it was just those with uncontrolled epilepsy.

HelenDamnation

I didn’t get any symptoms from my first injection (Pfizer Biontech) not even much of a vaccine arm. That means nothing re the booster, though.
I decided having it is the lesser risk, for me at any rate. I took advice from some informed friends, a scientist and a doctor, which helped me decide, plus I have been reading about the effects on the heart of COVID-19, and mine is pretty ropey, to start with.
I had to be blue lighted to hospital again a couple of years ago, when the flu set the damn thing off.
My usual course of action in the winter months is to avoid crowds, because having the winter viruses tend to affect me heart. I used to consider wearing masks on the Underground, as many Japanese people continued to do, post SARS 1. I suspect many people will be doing this in the UK, now.
I read somewhere yesterday that flu cases are dramatically reduced this winter, with no death, as a result of no close contacts. I know it'll pop back up...
Hopefully, these tactics mean I will avoid a certain amount of wild Corona viruses, and reduce my chances of ADE.

Despite all the trepidation, I rather enjoyed the sense of hope and we're all in this together feeling amongst the (socially distanced) crowd when I went for the vaccination. There were tabarded volunteers, shepherding people about, and it all felt quite jolly. The whole vaccination thing has been quite remarkable.

Horses Gallore

For myself, I wouldn't have bothered, same as I don't bother with a flu vaccine. I rarely catch a cold and might have had flu twice in my life, the last time 30 years ago. But I had this one for two reasons - one because of where I work and my company asked that we get it. And the second reason is that if we can build a bit of immunity to help those who can't have the vaccine for health reasons - like I had the polio and TB jags, for instance - then why wouldn't you? If enough people refuse, we won't be getting out of restrictions - ever. Like flu, this virus is never going to go away. The vaccine might not stop you getting the disease, but you won't get it as severely. And as time goes on, the more people vaccinated, the fewer catch it overall.